This feature was spotted in testing a while ago and today it was announced by the Instagram team that it is rolling out to all users on all platforms.
It's not a setting for an individual post but rather a global account level setting that can hide all like counts around your feed. You may spot a notification banner on top of your feet highlighting this new feature as well.
How to hide likes on Instagram for Android:
- Open the Instagram Settings screen.
- Navigate to Privacy.
- Navigate to Posts.
- Check Hide Likes and View Counts option.
- 📲 Instagram is a popular social network owned by Facebook. In addition to photos and videos, it supports lots of different content formats such as Reels, IGTV, Live Streams and more.
- 📲 Instagram is also available in Beta and you can opt-in as a tester via Google Play.
- 📲 Instagram is also available in Alpha and you can opt-in by joining its Alpha Testing Google Group