This feature was announced back in February 2021 but was not available to many until now. This is likely a gradual rollout wave and some users will still have to way a bit more.
This video editor gives you a wide range of video editing tools, including filters, cropping, adjustments, and more. There you can also access your other video editing apps from the "more" section along with a markup option.
This feature set looks very similar to what you have on your photo editor as well. According to Google blog, it is expected that video editors will receive exclusive features for Google One subscribers in the future.
How to test:
- Open a video file on Google Photos.
- Tap on the edit button in the middle of the bottom bar.
- See a new set of editing features at the bottom.
- 📲 Google Photos is an official gallery app by Google that implements machine learning features.
- 📲 No public beta version is available for Google Photos app.