Some users may notice a new Reels feature called Video Layout that is marked as new. The feature is similar to the Stories layout but now it can be used for Reels videos. It allows creators to capture multiple videos in separate windows one after another and then play them combined.
The layout feature is customisable and you can pick from vertical or horizontal layouts as well as from a grid of 3 horizontal windows.
It seems that Instagram is trying to enrich its Reels camera with features that already exist in other modes. This addition can be helpful for content creators and should also incentivise them to use Instagram app for video creation instead of uploading existing TikTok videos.
How to test:
- Open Reels creation view.
- Check for a "new" label next to Video Layout.
- Capture several videos one by one to see them combined into one in different windows.
The feature is likely an A/B test an only available to a small number of users.
Follow @TesingCatalog on Instagram to see more 📸
- 📲 Instagram is a popular social network owned by Facebook. In addition to photos and videos, it supports lots of different content formats such as Reels, IGTV, Live Streams and more.
- 📲 Instagram is also available in Beta and you can opt-in as a tester via Google Play.
- 📲 Instagram is also available in Alpha and you can opt-in by joining its Alpha Testing Google Group