This option allows you to access Google Assistant directly from the navigation mode. It offers a new way to voice-control the app and being introduced in a separate pop-up screen. The assistant icon appears on the bottom left side of the app.
During the interaction with Google Assistant, you may also see a list of suggested commands to ask.
How to test:
- Open Google Maps and select a point on the map.
- Build the route to the selected point and choose the car option.
- Start the route and see if the Google Assistant icon will appear.
- 📲 Google Maps is an official Maps and Navigation app by Google.
- 📲 Google Maps is available in beta but lots of new features are rolling out in waves to a limited amount of users.