Discord has recently enabled voice messages for channels with more than 200 users, informed users of upcoming changes to usernames, and shared multiple feature announcements. Among these are plans to introduce some free stickers, onboarding experiences for new users managed by community server admins, embedded channel messages, and media file previews.
How to Access and Use These Features
Depending on when the features are rolled out to your account, access and use may vary. However, here's a general guide on how to use them:
- For voice messages, join a channel with at least 200 users and look for a voice messaging option.
- For upcoming username changes, eligible users will be notified of potential username claims as the changes are made.
- When free stickers become available, access them from your emoji picker in chat.
- If you are a community server admin, you can now set up onboarding experiences by configuring channel settings and user roles.
- When embedded channel name links are enabled, pasting a channel link in chat will automatically convert it to the channel's name.
- To preview media files, simply select a file and check for a preview option before sending it in a chat.
Discord is a widely popular communication platform designed for gaming communities but has since grown to accommodate users with various interests and use cases. With features such as voice and video calls, text messaging, and customizable channels, Discord provides a robust platform for individual and group communication.
The recent announcements and features were shared on Discord's Android app "What's New" splash screen.