In an exciting turn for communications on social media platforms, X (formerly Twitter) is embracing the realm of real-time voice and video conversations. With the latest update, Android users have gained the ability to initiate audio and video calls directly through Direct Messages, setting the stage for more intimate and immediate connections across this widely-used platform.
How to Use the Calling Feature on X for Android
To start using the new calling feature on X, follow these simple steps:
- Update the X App: Make sure you have the latest version of the app installed on your Android device.
- Open Direct Messages: Navigate to the messages tab and open a conversation with the user you want to call.
- Tap the Call Button: Look for the new call button positioned at the top right corner of your screen within the DM conversation.
- Choose Your Call Type: A dialogue box will appear, allowing you to select either an audio or video call.
- Customize Call Settings: Adjust your call preferences by setting who can call you from options like your contacts, people you follow, or verified users via the privacy settings.
Who Can Benefit From X's New Calling Features?
This feature is a boon for early adopters who rely on swift and secure communication mechanisms. It enhances collaborations, allows for quick exchange of ideas, and is especially useful for users who are already integrating social media into their communication repertoire. Furthermore, the privacy settings cater to those who value secure conversations without the risk of exposing their IP address.
More About X
X has evolved significantly from its starting point as a microblogging service, growing into a robust platform that offers a medley of features from Tweets, and Spaces, to now, direct audio and video calls on Android. This expansion signifies X's commitment to building a more comprehensive communications environment.
As a trusted news source, TestingCatalog diligently verifies each new feature and announcement, ensuring our readers receive accurate and reliable information. Our author personally tests these updates whenever possible to provide first-hand insights and guidance.