Cameos came to Snapchat a while ago in a form of gif stickers. There you are able to add your on top and use those in your stories.
Now, Snapchat got even further by publishing Cameos Stories you can subscribe to, view and share around. These stories are similar to Bitmoji Stories where you can see yourself in a main role.
First Cameos Stories started appearing in October 2020 and now, this feature got another release wave making it available to more users.
Some users may see a new promo section on their profile pages that is promoting Cameos Stories channel. In addition to that, you can configure who can see your face in Cameos and choose between "everyone", "my friends" and "only me".
How to test:
- Make sure you have Cameos configured.
- Open your Snapchat profile.
- Check if you have a promo section for Snapchat Cameos.
- Tap on the promo banner and Subscribe to Cameos channel.
- Check "Use my Cameos" section in settings to adjust them.