In an age where content is king and direct messaging forms the backbone of our digital interactions, X (formerly known as Twitter) has introduced a feature that recognizes both these realities. For iPhone users, the latest iteration of the X iOS app allows individuals to download videos from their direct messages (DMs), adding a level of convenience that content savers and curators will surely appreciate. Furthermore, for those moments when life interrupts your video consumption, X has implemented a continuation feature where you can resume watching longer videos right where you left off.
How to Download Videos from DMs on X for iOS
- Open the X app on your iOS device and navigate to your DMs.
- Find the video you want to download within the conversation.
- Long press on the video to reveal additional options.
- Tap on the 'Download' button that appears.
- The video will be saved in the background. There will be no on-screen notification, so check your device's photo or video gallery to ensure the download has been completed.
Resuming Long Videos on X
- When you're watching a long video on X and need to pause, simply exit the video as you normally would.
- Return to the same video in your DMs when you're ready to continue.
- The video should automatically resume from the point where you left off.
About X (Formerly Twitter)
X, taking the legacy of Twitter forward, continues to be a hub for real-time public conversation and a source for what's happening in the tech world. It's a preferred platform for sharing insights, software updates, and engaging with the tech community.
Details about these features were spotted in the changelog of the most recent update of the X app on the AppStore. Users interested in these updates can check the application's page on the AppStore for further information and download the latest version to take advantage of these convenient new options. Please note that as the features have been identified through X's iOS app changelog, these developments may still be in the process of rolling out and may not be available to all users immediately. Keep an eye on updates and try them out as they become accessible in your region.
The author at TestingCatalog has thoroughly tested the feature to verify its implementation and functionality, ensuring our readers receive first-hand confirmation of the new in-app capabilities.