With this change, you won't need your phone to stay online in order to use the web version. It will be also possible to connect 4 more additional devices so you won't need to scan the WhatsApp QR code each time when you switch devices.
This feature is currently in beta and was rolled out to a very limited number of beta users recently. This time it was rolled out to more beta testers. You can opt-in directly in the app and after that, your active web session will be also refreshed automatically.
How to join Multy-device beta program on WhatsApp:
- Make sure that you use the latest beta version of WhatsApp 📲
- Tap on the 3 dots menu on the top right.
- Tap on the Linked devices option.
- See the "Try new improvements" banner and press OK.
- Tap on the "Multi-device beta" section in the middle.
- Tap on the Join button.
After that, you will be enrolled on the program and you may start testing it by using WhatsApp web on more devices. Please keep in mind that this program may still not be available to everyone yet and you will have to wait for another rollout wave first.
Thanks to Tobias for the tip 🔥
- 📲 WhatsApp is a popular messenger app by Facebook.
- 📲 WhatsApp is also available in Beta and you can opt-in as a tester via Google Play.