TripAdvisor UI got redesigned on all platforms and the Android app is not an exception. Previously, it was looking more like a super app where you can see lots of small UI elements on the main view. This time it became much lighter and every view has a dedicated meaning.
At the same time, it may look a bit too light because 80% of the main view is taken by parts of big pictures. Not sure how the ideal balance should look like but this UI update will cause a lot of changes in their analytics report. The latest reviews on Google Play are also not very promising.
It seems like this new UI is also a bit more focused on the exploration post of the app. There are much fewer UI elements on the first line that are related to your trips or plans or content creation in general.
For comparison, you can always refer to this UI library for iOS (Android UI was almost identical).
How to test:
- Update the TripAdvisor app to version 42.3
We’ve rebuilt our app to help make you a better traveller – from planning, to booking, to taking a trip. Here’s some of what you can do with it:
- Get guidance on where to stay, what to do and where to eat from travellers who have been there before
- Travel confidently with access to COVID-19 health and safety information for hotels, restaurants and experiences
- Book hotels and experiences with free cancellation
- Save, organise and share travel ideas with Trips
- Discover places nearby on a map