The most interesting feature that arrived this week was the launch of Twitter Communities. They are invite-only, unstable and not fully working yet but fun to explore 🤩 Now you have a chance to try them out on Android as well.
This time I also wrote a guest post on the Zheano blog. It is a short write up about "bug fixes and performance improvements".
And in the meantime, most Google apps are preparing for the Material You refresh and there are so many small changes that I couldn't even explore myself this week.
- 📲 Bug Fixes And Performance Improvements
- 📲 Twitter launched invite-only communities
- 📲 Bundled Notes 2.0 now supports image attachments and more
See details below 👇
Top features to test this week
“Bug fixes and performance improvements” does it sound familiar? And it probably even doesn’t matter what OS do you use: Android, iOS, macOS, Windows or any other platform. All of us use many different apps for different purposes and lots of them receiving frequent updates. Unfortunately, it is not always clear what has changed because the changelog wasn’t updated properly or at all.
Not all parts of it are fully working on Android yet. For example, you cannot tweet to the community or reply to any of the existing tweets. However, these features are already available on the web version.
What you can already see is a new Communities tab at the middle of the bottom bar. Opening this view will show you a list of communities you are in as well as a common list of Tweets from them.
Bundled Notes is a popular note-taking app that can easily replace Google Keep, Evernote, Notion and other major players in this field. Now it got a major update to version 2.0 that came along with some long-awaited features.
A full weekly changelog 📩
C - Chrome
- Chrome beta tests a grey card layout on the following page and shows an Open in a new tab button again
- Chrome for Android may gain a permanent Desktop View switch
F - Facebook
F - Firefox
- Mozilla wants to make its password manager obsolete with Firefox 93 Beta
- Firefox 92 launches with support for your 2FA USB security key
G - Google Assistant
G - Google Lens
G - Google Meet
G - Google Phone
G - Google Photos
G - Google Search
I - Instagram
- You may soon have some actual control over your Instagram feed
- Instagram Is Adding Tutorials For Influencers, While Facebook Updates The Watch Menu Tab
M - Microsoft News
S - Snapchat
S - Spotify
T - Telegram
- How to update Telegram beta app on Android if it fails
- Telegram beta 8.0.1 allows seeing message viewers in a group and preparing to add chat specific themes
T - TikTok
- ICYMI: TikTok expanded its gift comments to more users
- TikTok aims to strengthen the parent-teen bond with its new Family Pairing feature
T - Twitter
- How to create your own community on Twitter
- Twitter launched invite-only communities that you can explore from Android too
- Twitter is testing emoji reactions for tweets
- Twitter is beginning to test labels for bot accounts
- Twitter Is Enabling Users To Make Their Own GIFs Using Its Camera, And Will Also Allow Them To Flag Their Own Sensitive Content
- Twitter Is Looking Towards Adding In Archived Tweets And Crypto Addresses To Profiles
- Twitter Commerce is Coming, with its Various Shopping Experiments Closing in on the Next Stage
- Twitter tests a new timeline with edge-to-edge picture and video
W - WhatsApp
- Concept reveals chat bubbles on WhatsApp for Android
- WhatsApp to add ability to adjust ‘Last Seen’ status on contact-by-contact basis
- WhatsApp working on chat transfer from Android to iOS
- WhatsApp may bring a new feature that will help users search chat by particular dates
- WhatsApp beta for Android 188.8.131.52: what’s new?
- WhatsApp beta for Android 184.108.40.206: what’s new?
- Bundled Notes 2.0 now supports image attachments, link previews and more
- Untapped got system-wide dark mode support to help you find your favourite beers at night
- Venmo's redesign moves its tabs to a bottom bar, and it's going live for more users