And the answer is the following - Instagram, Twitter and Reddit, 3 big social platforms are exploring the NFT world already.
- Instagram was spotted working on collectables recently. Not clear yet if it will be for actual NFTs or for some sort of an alternative but it is clearly the move towards the NFT direction.
- Twitter did an NFT drop of 140 free NFTs on the Rarible platform. These were given away to people who were able to comment fast under the Tweet itself. Some items are still shown as not being given to anybody but the majority of these NFTs are gone. Some of them you may see on the auction already from 10 to 69 ETH (1 ETH is around 2000$ atm).
- Reddit introduced CryptoSnoos that they were selling on the OpenSea platform. There are unique Snoovatars that can be also used on Reddit.
Did you have a chance to test NFTs already? Share yours over here 📲
Secondly, Google will force apps to be published in bundles on Google Play starting from August 2021.
Apps will now come in AAB format instead of APK. The good thing is that they will become smaller so you will have more space on your phone to bloat it up with more copies of the same photo that you took just not to miss a perfect shot.
- 📲 WhatsApp got a possibility to set media files to be viewed only once on Android
- 📲 YouTube allows creating Shorts out of a sound from videos on Android
- 📲 Niagara Launcher started a digital wellbeing initiative implementing a healthy home screen concept
How to test:
- Open any WhatsApp conversation.
- Tap on the attachment button.
- Pick a media type.
- Pick a media file.
- Tap on the 1 icon in the edit text field.
- Send it to the chat.
How to test:
- Open any YouTube video.
- Tap on the Create button below.
- Capture a Short video and publish it.
How to test:
- Install the latest beta build.
- Tap on the new message about Digital Wellbeing on the home screen.
- Tap on the enrol button.
- Go to Settings > Features > Notifications > Notification summary.
- Enable notifications summary.
For Content Creators
- Twitter may soon let you connect your Google Account
- Twitter Adds New Spaces Speaker Listings Display, Highlighting Remaining Speaker Places
- Twitter explores Trusted Friends, Reply Language Prompts, and Facets
- Twitter rolls out one of the most-needed security features for mobile and web users
- You might not have to send your high-res WhatsApp videos as documents for much longer
- WhatsApp beta for Android 184.108.40.206: what’s new?
- Instagram will now put random suggested posts in your feed with tests starting right away
- Translating Stories could be a new feature to make its way on Instagram
- Instagram Tests Sticker Links in Stories for All Users
- Instagram Adds Black-Owned Label to Business Profile Options
- Snapchat introduces a new feature that offers its users much more control over the advertisements they want to see
For Early Adopters
- Adobe Is Discontinuing Its Photoshop Sketch And Illustrator Draw Applications Across The iOS And Android App Stores
Samsung Good Lock
For Android Gamers
This is a new experimental section about Android games
- Square Enix reveals Trials of Mana remake is coming to Android
- Marvel Future Revolution is the sequel to Future Fight, and it's finally available for pre-registration
- The first three Final Fantasy remasters are coming to Android this month
- Battlegrounds Mobile India is now available on the Play Store
Wanna say thanks to all of you who is reading this newsletter! You are real beta testers!
I know you are testing all these apps that we are writing about or just like reading about them. But how can I make it better? Any ideas? 🤔