First, let's see what the fixed issues are (most of them are cosmetic):
- Fixed Separator style in pop-up menu
- Fixed Separator style above message input
- Fixed Incorrect "Sync Contacts" hint
- Fixed Groups in Common on secret chats profile
- Fixed Chat previews touch handling / status bar overlapping on Samsung Galaxy S8,S8+,S9,S9+
- Fixed Incorrectly trimmed message input placeholder
- Fixed link content may be treated as markdown tags
There are also near a dozen of features/changes introduced. Here they are:
- Mark chats as unread / read - You can access it by holding down your finger on a chat and then moving it to the letter icon at the bottom, and then releasing it.
- Open chat preview by swiping up - Hold your finger on a chat for a preview and then swipe up to open it.
- Reorder pinned chats UX change - You can hold your finger on an avatar and then swipe up or down to reorder.
- Unread counter type: choose between number of messages and number of chats - You can find the option in Settings - Notifications.
- Moved Link Previews in Secret Chats setting to: Settings - Privacy and Security - Secret Chats.
- Clear Payment and Shipping Info - It's in Settings - Privacy and Security
- Suggest Contacts toggle - It's also in Settings - Privacy and Security
- Changed style of "Delete Synced Contacts" pop-up
- Create Link through GUI (select text, then press link icon)
- Improved censorship circumvention
Also the app size is now 20% smaller, it uses less storage and launches a bit faster. These are very good improvements, so expect more to come in future.
Are you looking for more insights? Check our daily Community Reports on TestingCatalog.
Disclaimer: This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.