After a long period, Telegram beta for Android finally got a new update. There is no official blog post available for this release at this moment apart from the previously released 5.0 update for ios.
The first thing you will notice after opening the app will be a new icons design. All icons were changed from "full" to "empty" and Telegram app UI feels a bit lighter now.
The second noticeable change would be a revamped settings tab. Some settings were grouped and you only have a set of 6 subsections instead of a mix (of subsections and individual settings).
The design of the profile tab got some changes too. Now you can see an "info / description" and "shared content / members" sections on top with all relevant info in there.
Regarding other changes,
- All icons in the app were changed
- Revamped notification settings section
- Redesigned channel/group profile screen
- Instant View 2.0 support.
- Apply localization/language pack from the cloud via set language link
- Update libtgvoip v.2.3
- New Dark Blue theme.
- New design for user/group/channel info page with the shared content list.
- Music album covers in the playlist and shared audio.
- Copy Link to message on the public group for everyone.
- Pin message on Saved Messages and Basic Group.
- Channel notifications setting.
- Advanced settings for Badge Counter.
- Dump detailed stats option for the voice call on Debug settings.
Instant view 2.0 implies some improvements like a colored text highlights for some markup styles and better tables support.
- Links are colored with blue text (screenshot)
- Italic text and list items are highlighted
- Support for tables
The app itself can be downloaded from @tgtester telegram channel.
- Simple, fast, secure, and synced across all your devices with over 100 million active users in two and a half years
- 📲 Beta test on Google Play
Are you looking for more insights? Check our daily Community Reports on TestingCatalog.