The Poweramp Music Player app has hit the 50 million downloads mark on the Play Store, which is indeed a great achievement. Congratulations! Now, back to the topic of this article. The latest release candidate version, named rc-build-798-play (Huh, what a strange versioning!) hit the Play Store on October 4 and brings a couple of UI behavior changes and shows more info in some pages.
First, let's see what are the UI changes:
- Ratings are being shown in almost all categories.
- Long-pressing on the mini player brings the current album/
A couple of new settings entries added:
- Keep Notification and Always Keep Notification options in Look and Feel - Notifications
- Send High-Resolution Album Art in the Album Art sub-menu
- Sort by last played time - It is available in the All Songs list by tapping on the three-dot menu button - List Options
Improvements have also been done related to:
- Going from one track to the next one in the queue
- Seeking for MP3 files
- Genres and lists
And as always, bug fixes are present here too.
A small issue I encountered on my Huawei P8 is that the sorting by date added sorts music alphabetically instead. If you do have the same issue, please let me know and keep testing!
Are you looking for more insights? Check our daily Community Reports on TestingCatalog.
Disclaimer: This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.