Niagara Launcher is a new launcher app for Android, made by the developer Peter Huber. It aims to bring an extreme simplicity by ditching the traditional app drawer and the widgets. The idea here is very straight-forward - you get a list of your custom selected favorite apps and a clock widget with date support too. The home screen part also gives you access to your notifications. To see all of your installed apps, you have to use the alphabetical scroll bar on the right side, or you can tap on your home button to enter the app search mode. Btw, the latest update released on October 8 adds a handy shortcut for Google search, which you can enable from the Niagara Settings.
The bottom line
This looks like a great alternative to all of the traditional launchers, without the flashy colors, gimmicky features, and animations. It provides the bare minimum of functionality that is needed. It would be great to see a couple of gestures like double tap to sleep and such, but overall - it's great!
Changelog for v0.2 build 6
- Google search integration (can be enabled in settings)
- easier swipe down gesture (for opening notifications)
- option to send notifications details per mail (for bug reports)
- swipe down for notifications
- dark Mode & dark text support
If you notice a bug, you can report issues on GitHub.
- Niagara Launcher is a fresh homescreen that has a clean and minimalistic ui
- 📲 Beta test on Google Play
Are you looking for more insights? Check our daily Community Reports on TestingCatalog.
Disclaimer: This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.