A new beta update for the fancy Smart Launcher 5 is now available on Google Play for all registered testers. This release, version 5.2 build 031 to be precise, appears to add in a dark theme option which comes together with a small number of nice customizations. Please, take a look at the release notes and stay tuned for our detailed feature walkthrough afterward.
- Added "AMOLED Black", an option to make the dark mode even darker.
- You can now select 4 different options to automatically enable the Dark mode Always on / Follow system settings / During night time / On dark wallpapers
- Many other improvements related to dark mode.
Dark mode has been the one feature that everyone is working on supporting due to Google's recent admission that it brings pretty huge battery life gains, finally! Smart Launcher 5 has also jumped on that same bandwagon, but with an even better version of dark mode in tow - AMOLED black mode. As you can guess from the title of this report, you can choose between two variants of how the background colors to be set throughout the app. To enable it and do further personalizations, go into the settings of the app - Global appearance - Dark mode. There are a couple of selections about when it should go on, like according to your system settings, during the night, etc.
I am certainly glad that there are more and more app developers who are striking to support dark mode in their apps. It, without any doubt, has its advantages, like the great battery savings and the lesser strain on your eyes. Looks prettier to me too.
Source: Google Play
- Simple, Light, Fast is the slogan of Smart Launcher, the innovative custom launcher that has been selected by Google as one of the best app on Play Store during January 2016
- 📲 Beta test on Google Play
Are you looking for more insights? Check our daily Community Reports on TestingCatalog.
Disclaimer: This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.