If you have been on the lookout for a great news reading app for Android, Medium is one of the best ones all around. It has a minimalistic user interface, a lovely dark theme (Night mode) and many other goodies for you to take advantage of.
It has got two new beta updates in the past week that bring lots of feature enhancements and bug fixes and general performance improvements that we are all eager to get as soon as possible. Let's dive into the release notes, but before that, I would like to point out to you that the most recent build as of the time of writing has version number 3.6.1000222.
- New “Stories” tab in the menu to help writers and publishers view and edit their drafts and their stories on the go
- New Medium widget so you can check the top stories on Medium anytime, anywhere without having to open the app
- Bug fixes and improvements
If you are a news writer or a publisher, we have great news for you. From the newly added "Stories" page inside the Medium app you can view and edit all of your drafts and stories on the go.
If you ever wanted to place a news widget on your homescreen, you are in luck. There is now a new widget for Medium which shows news articles and it is interactable too. To add it, just long press on an empty space on your homescreen menu (works on most launchers,) select Widgets and choose Medium.
Please, take the time to apply for beta testing Medium on Google Play and you may be surprised how often the beta testers get updates with cool features and design improvements. To learn more, take a look at the app info section below.
Source: Google Play
- Medium is a community of readers and writers offering unique perspectives on ideas large and small
- 📲 Beta test on Google Play
Are you looking for more insights? Check our daily Community Reports on TestingCatalog.