Harry Potter: Wizards Unite is the newest game released by Niantic, Inc. It lets you dive deep into the AR-powered world of magic, and with the help of other players (wizards) around you, you will be tasked to solve the mystery of The Calamity.
Although the game is only available for people in New Zealand as of now, sideloading the APK installation file from APK Mirror allows you to play solely the tutorial part and customize a couple of the aspects of your own in-game wizard. Sadly, there is no way of changing your avatar picture yet and going through levels isn't possible either if you aren't living in the aforementioned country.
How to sideload Harry Potter: Wizards Unite
- Download the newest APK release for the app from APK Mirror.
- When the download process finishes, tap on the notification with the "com.nianticlabs.hpwu.prod…" text containing the package name of the game.
- Hit 'Install', wait for a bit and then tap on 'Open'. Note that you will have to enable 'Unknown sources' from your device's settings to install applications sourced outside of the Play Store.
- Go through the initial setup by filling up the empty boxes with personal information such as your date of birth, name, etc. and connect your in-game profile with your Facebook or Google accounts in-between.
- Make sure to give the app access to your location and camera by granting it those permissions once you get asked so everything functions properly.
That's how the installation process goes in a "few words." Besides, you can also pre-register on Google Play for a chance to be one of the early adopters of Wizards Unite when it goes live in your region.
I would like to mention that the app is still in an unreleased stage, so be on the lookout for bugs. Perhaps, in my brief testing, I experienced flickering problems after the setup and sudden network drops a handful amounts of time.
If this article and its content were helpful to you, then please, do follow us on all popular social media sites and stay tuned to TestingCatalog.com for other great reading materials alike.
Via: Android Central
Are you looking for more insights? Check our daily Community Reports on TestingCatalog.
Disclaimer: This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.