Test Devices 📱
Google Pixel XL 2, Android 8.1.0; Samsung Galaxy Note 4, Android 6.0.1
Test Screenshots 📸
Test Report 📑
New app update arrived at APKmirror - version 0.20.6.899 beta. Here is a full changelog.
This update includes, but is not limited to:
- Check out Settings > Interface
- LED notification settings
- Floating dates in chats
- System Notification Categories on Android Oreo
- Better chat search results
- New Auto Night-Mode UI
- Peer-to-Peer calls privacy setting
- Incognito keyboard in Secret Chats
- Smooth album cover switching on the lock screen
- Control Logged in with Telegram websites
- Share specific stickers from Settings > Stickers
This update has many UI changes and adds new customization options.
Chat style changes
The first thing I noticed is that post reaction which comes from the controller bot now have a border (Screen) It looks ok but for me, it feels like it was better before because these icons became smaller. This border also has a color scheme which comes from the color theme >>>
New color themes! If you are bored with blue and dark you can now choose one of 9 themes in the Menu > Themes. There are - classic, blue, red, orange, green, pink, cyan, night blue and night black. This color will be applied as a primary color as per Material Design. You will see it in the nav bar, notification dots, links and headers in chats and in some other places.
New Customisation Options
There are also many new things in the settings menu.
- Interface options have many settings to customize in chat behavior. Enable Incognito keyboard, enable Markdown, show additional options, etc...
- New LED colors to choose from (There are 10 of them)
- Auto night mode now has better controls.
- Control logged with Telegram websites. Now you can manage access from the app.
I didn't use is much before but now it looks very nice and easy to use. Search results navigation works perfectly.
There also some other features which I don't use very often like p2p calls and incognito keyboard and music album covers. I am happy to see that in this update there was a focus on customization and Privacy features. Unfortunately, I didn't get this update via Google Play so it looks like they are releasing it to the limited amount of users/countries.
I will tap on the 5 stars for this update but borders around post reactions is not my favorite part of it :P
How would you rate this update from 1 to 5?
P.S. APKmirror Telegram X 0.20.6.899 beta
👻 Report any found bugs with your feedback to the TestingCatalog to share your findings with the Community of beta testers.