As opposed to Facebook, there aren't that many recent news about Messenger, but we still have some things that may grab your attention. As always, all of the info is courtesy of Jane Manchun Wong who is a passionate leaker and the best one in the business.
- Link and mention stickers for stories
- A new landing page for creating stories - by default opens a gallery view instead of the camera
- A confirmation dialog before initiating a video call
- Automatic voice message transcriptions and a new Voice to Text page in the settings
- Friends tab - a revamped version of the People tab (displays online users at the top and story previews below)
- Reacting to messages with a single tap
- New animations for reactions
Facebook Messenger for Business
At the F8 2019 event held by Facebook, there have been several changes announced about their already available service called Facebook Messenger for Business. As you have probably guessed from the name, it is essentially a chatting service dedicated to providing customer support by companies just like WhatsApp's Business solution, and things such as appointment booking, automated responses, and more are coming to the platform soon. For more info, visit the source link below.
To wrap things up, other than the additions to stories, and the upgrades to the service for businesses, the prompt shown before starting a voice chat may come in handy for preventing unnecessary awkwardness in times of accidental calls.
Credits: Jane Manchun Wong (@wongmjane)
Source: Business News Daily
Are you looking for more insights? Check our daily Community Reports on TestingCatalog.