SD Maid is an application with tons of features to help you remove all redundant files from your Android devices with a couple of taps. Do note that it works on rooted and with certain limitations on non-rooted devices too. The latest release, version 4.14.1 beta, is out on the Play Store and brings many UI improvements as well as bug fixes, especially if you are coming from the older v4.13.x series. Below is the official changelog, and next is the part with our own discoveries.
New version 4.14.1
v4.14.0 - v4.14.1 • New clutter data (gotta catch em all) • Improved setup routine • Explorer overhaul (Improved UI & new Features) • AppCleaner overhaul (Better results for unrooted devices + accessibility support) • A bowl of bugfixes
Full changelogs 👇 https://sdmaid.darken.eu/changelog
Side menu enhancements
The updated side menu panel in the newest beta build comes with:
- A new button to quickly share SD Maid with your friends
- An updated UPGRADE icon in yellow instead of green
- A renamed release status labeling - The free version is now called just 'Basic.'
- A new 'Create issue ticket' button for easy bug reporting
Changes in the Explorer page
- A new 'Bookmark' icon
- Info bar design refresh - displays storage usage, etc.
- New three-dot menu entries - 'Add to SystemCleaner' and 'Report'
A better setup menu
- Includes detailed descriptions for each permission that is required.
- 'Usage access' permission is now needed for determining more accurate app and cache sizes.
- A large SD Maid logo has been added to the pop-up.
Old version 4.13.4
This update is jam-packed with tiny user interface changes, so make sure to apply for beta testing on Google Play and hit the 'UPDATE' button ASAP.
If you have new beta app recommendations for us, make sure to drop us a message on our Android Beta Apps group on Telegram and we will consider adding them to the catalog.
Source: Google Play
- SD Maid is an app and file management tool that helps you keep your device clean and tidy!
- 📲 Beta test on Google Play
Are you looking for more insights? Check our daily Community Reports on TestingCatalog.