Test Devices 📱
Google Pixel XL 2, Android 8.1.0; Samsung Galaxy Note 4, Android 6.0.1
Test Screenshots 📸
Test Report 📑
This is a brand new Telegram client app for Android. It has a lot more features + it is super fast! This app has a beta release which is cool. I did a short smoke test here with a brief review.
- Devices: Google Pixel 2 LX, Android 8.1.0
- App version: 0.20.4.744-arm64-v8a
- Phone number edit text on the connection screen doesn't allow you to delete numbers in a sequence. Steps - open app - pass welcome screen - see phone number confirmation screen - copy and paste a phone number into the edit text - place the cursor at the middle of the phone number - press delete keyboard button multiple times. Expected result - all characters from the left side will be deleted. Actual result - some left characters were deleted from the left side (until the last two) and then it starts deleting characters from the right side.
- Better stickers management, the user can browse through Trending stickers lists.
- Faster stickers loading from the chat screen (two times from my POV).
- Two dark modes + one white (instead of two white modes + one dark in the off app).
- Bubble chat mode (Facebook messenger like).
- Faster navigation between chats and calls.
Only one bug in 20 minutes is a very good result + I managed to check no connection and device orientation edge cases. I also made a short video with a difference of loading speed between off Telegram beta app and Telegram X beta.
If you are using Telegram, don't forget to join TestingCatalog Channel
👻 Report any found bugs with your feedback to the TestingCatalog to share your findings with the Community of beta testers.