Being one of the most popular keyboards on Android, here is a new beta update for SwiftKey, which enables some extra personalizations and fixes a couple of issues. Here is the brief changelog that comes with v188.8.131.52:
- Search is now a toolbar icon and can be customized (moved and turned on/off)
- We’ve increased the font size in Arabic layouts - let us know what you think
- Change the default percent symbol in Arabic
- Fixed a crash for Arabic 123 layout when accessing numbers
- In Android P the word ‘delete’ in the clipboard is no longer cut-off
- Arrow keys will now work in keyboard text fields (Search, GIF and Translator)
The search option inside the keyboard is a great thing to have, but in the previous version it was taking too much space from the toolbar, where instead they could have crammed in other shortcuts. This update brings a solution by transforming the search bar into a search icon, which can also be moved around by hitting the three-dot button in the far right side of the toolbar to enter the so-called "Customizer".
Other than this, there have been much-needed optimizations regarding the displaying of layouts in Arabic languages, and bug fixes mentioned earlier.
Source: Google Play
Donate 👻 to TestingCatalog authors to get more content creation.
Are you looking for more insights? Check our daily Community Reports on TestingCatalog.