My daily launcher app, Nova Launcher, has gotten yet another beta update this week, which should resolve many issues, improve the previously revamped settings menu and a lot more. But first of all, let's go through the changelog.
- New: Added a page indicator for horizontal folders
- New: Notification Badges now respect System Settings on Oreo+
- Improved: Dock background
- Improved: More text updates in Nova Settings
- Improved: Hover to scroll during drag/drop in horizontal folders
- Improved: Updated scrollbar style
- Fix: Widget drawer resetting to the top
- Fix: Text color in drawer after toggling Night Mode
- Fix: Blank rows in shortcut popup
- Fix: General fixes and improvements in Settings
Page indicator for horizontal folders
As noted above, there is a scroll indicator support for horizontal folders added, which consists of dots that show up right next to the folder name and you just need to switch on the horizontal scrolling feature for folders from Nova's setting. To do that, long-press on a blank space on your home screen, hit the gear icon, select Folders - Window style - Scroll direction - Horizontal.
The default settings for notification badges, also known as dots, on Android Oreo and above have been set to follow the system settings, so if notification dots have been disabled from your device's notification preferences, Nova will respect that.
Apart from all of the improvements and fixes, these are were the most notable features that came with this beta version.
Source: Google Play
- Nova Launcher replaces your home screen with one you control and can customize. Change icons, layouts, animations and more
- 📲 Beta test on Google Play
Are you looking for more insights? Check our daily Community Reports on TestingCatalog.