Files Go Beta
Files Go Beta is a NEW beta app from Google which was released recently. I would suggest joining the beta here b/c google beta programs could be limited by a number of beta testers who can participate.
What is this app about? First of all, it is a GO app. As it was announced on the Google I/O 17, those apps are optimised for the low-end devices. Secondly, this app solves one of the most painful problems for such devices - storage cleaning. I recently heard from the Google Chrome Dev conference about the research which Google did and according to that - people with low-end devices spend tons of their time by cleaning their devices to free up some space. Actually, my wife has a high-end device and she is doing the same thing 😃
There are a lot of apps in the play store with the same feature set. The difference of this app supposes to be in optimisation for the low-end devices. Cannot check that, unfortunately [...thinking of buying a low-end device...]
- Material design! Not a real feature but a good UX
- Storage space overview
- Cleaning suggestion cards. This is a very nice example of good UX. The app guides you to do things and it gives you an ability to adjust what you are doing
- Files sharing. Didn’t really check that one. It turns your Bluetooth automatically without switching it back after sharing.
- Files browsing. A quite simple browser with sorting and thumbnails mode.
- After cleanup animation at the bottom has a low res quality on large phones. Screen
- Checked cards can sometimes stay on the list and the user should refresh the screen to make it go away.
App hangs after unused app uninstalling if the phone went to sleep during this process
- Frequency: once
- Steps - open app - find “clean uninstalled apps” - choose several apps from the list - press ok - press ok on the pop-up - wait until phone will go to the sleep - wake up the phone
- Expected - uninstalling process is finished, the user can close the view with a cross button
- Actual - uninstalling process is finished, the app doesn’t react on user touches.
11-10 09:24:23.290 3920 7845 D SSRM:n : SIOP:: AP = 350, PST = 388 (W:24), CUR = 11, LCD = 140 11-10 09:24:23.330 3920 4541 D InputReader: Input event(1): value=1 when=253657181609000 11-10 09:24:23.330 3920 4541 D InputReader: Input event(1): value=1 when=253657181609000 11-10 09:24:23.330 3920 4541 I InputReader: Touch event's action is 0x0 (deviceType=0) [pCnt=1, s=0.34549 ] when=253657181609000 11-10 09:24:23.330 3920 4541 D InputReader: lastThreadEndTime = 253656711479521, currentThreadStartTime = 253656711483521, diff = 0 11-10 09:24:23.330 3920 4540 I InputDispatcher: Delivering touch to (28574): action: 0x0, toolType: 1 11-10 09:24:23.330 28574 28574 D ViewRootImpl: ViewPostImeInputStage processPointer 0 11-10 09:24:23.395 3920 4541 D InputReader: Input event(1): value=0 when=253657252429000 11-10 09:24:23.395 3920 4541 D InputReader: Input event(1): value=0 when=253657252429000 11-10 09:24:23.395 3920 4541 I InputReader: Touch event's action is 0x1 (deviceType=0) [pCnt=1, s=] when=253657252429000 11-10 09:24:23.395 3920 4540 I InputDispatcher: Delivering touch to (28574): action: 0x1, toolType: 1 11-10 09:24:23.395 28574 28574 D ViewRootImpl: ViewPostImeInputStage processPointer 1 11-10 09:24:23.395 28574 28574 I cud : Cancel progress clicked 11-10 09:24:25.610 3920 4524 V AlarmManager: Expired Alarm result :4
Did you find any other issues there?
Are you looking for more insights? Check our daily Community Reports on TestingCatalog.