The Poweramp Music Player app has hit the 50 million downloads mark on the Play Store, which is indeed a great achievement. Congratulations! Now, back to the topic of this article. The latest release candidate version, named rc-build-798-play (Huh, what a strange versioning!) hit the Play Store on October 4 and brings a couple of UI behavior changes and shows more info in some pages.
First, let's see what are the UI changes:
- Ratings are being shown in almost all categories.
- Long-pressing on the mini player brings the current album/
A couple of new settings entries added:
- Keep Notification and Always Keep Notification options in Look and Feel - Notifications
- Send High-Resolution Album Art in the Album Art sub-menu
- Sort by last played time - It is available in the All Songs list by tapping on the three-dot menu button - List Options
Improvements have also been done related to:
- Going from one track to the next one in the queue
- Seeking for MP3 files
- Genres and lists
And as always, bug fixes are present here too.
A small issue I encountered on my Huawei P8 is that the sorting by date added sorts music alphabetically instead. If you do have the same issue, please let me know and keep testing!