Signal is a free and open source messaging app with a very high level of security. It packs a plenty amount of features while still being easy to use. The latest beta release with number 4.25.5 adds three new features that we will check out. So without further ado, here they are:
- Add home screen shortcuts for your favorite conversations.
To add a shortcut to your home screen for any conversation you want, you have to tap on the menu button when you are in a thread and hit 'Add to home screen'. Isn't it pretty simple?
- Use Notification Channels to customize the alert behavior for incoming messages, calls, and more.
Notification Channels are supported on devices running Android 8.0 Oreo and above and allow more granular user control over how notifications behave.
- Quickly add an attachment even if you are in the middle of a sentence.
The button for attaching files is always visible when you are typing and can be used without you having to start typing from scratch.
We got to admit that Signal Messenger looks a lot like Telegram, but in a stripped down fashion. We guess that they might have borrowed some code from Telegram because both of them are partially open source.
- Privacy is possible, Signal makes it easy
- 📲 Beta test on Google Play