The first beta of the next major release for Nova Launcher was made official the day after Android Pie was made public. Nova Launcher v6.0-beta1 brings many features from Android P's launcher and here is a list we made with most of the changes in this update:
- The Google search bar can be positioned above or below the icons in the dock
- Dock as overlay option
- Support for Google search in the app drawer
- Bounce animation from Pixel Launcher
- Full-screen folder view
- Customizable folder background shape
- Vertical or horizontal scrolling in folders
- Clip to background setting for folder previews
- Fully customizable Google search bar
- Search option in Settings
- Better previews in Settings
- Option to match the app icon size to the desktop size for icons in the app drawer, folders, and dock
- Manual X and Y padding control slider for the home screen, the dock, and the app drawer.
- Customizable shortcuts for the pop-up menu when you hold on an app, a shortcut or a widget
- Custom app icon shape support
- New setup UI
This time we got a huge settings overhaul. The search bar in the settings is very useful, but why does it have to be a separate overlay when it can just expand on top of the action bar like the search option in Android's Settings app. Currently, it doesn't always show results on my device.
Another little glitch I encountered is that the checkboxes in Settings - Look & feel for Transparent notification bar and Dark icons don't animate properly. You can see it in the demo video.
Nova Launcher brought some long-awaited things with this update. For example, the full-screen folder view, the Google search and the bounce animation options in the app drawer.
You can subscribe for Nova Launcher beta to get this update on your device from our website. Additionally, you can also check the history of Nova Launcher Beta changlogs gathered from the Google+ beta testing community and Google Play.
Tell us if you have any feature request or issues with the app down in the comments section.