Smart Launcher 5 is totally different from every other launcher available. It categorizes all your apps into sections and doesn't have an app drawer. Instead, it has a search page called "Smart search", which recommends apps and contacts too. The latest version is 5.1 build 022 and introduces the following features and fixes:
- Light theme
- The search page uses the Ambient theme and can be opened by swiping up
- The floating search bar now supports the Ambient theme
- Rebuilt notification system
- Touch gestures better integrated with page scroll
- 5 new awesome wallpapers
- New weather icons
- Android P users can use official API to turn off the screen
- New "Showcase your home screen" functionality
The most eye-catching feature is the Light theme, which automatically turns on whenever you set a very light colored wallpaper. You can switch it on by holding down your finger on an empty space on your home screen and selecting the Themes option. Then, you have to click on the gear icon at the top right-hand corner and toggling on the Ambient theme option.
Another thing is the newly added "Showcase your home screen" functionality, which lets you share your current launcher setup. It's accessible from the settings pop-up menu.
Do you like Smart Launcher v5.1? Let us know in the comments section below.
- Simple, Light, Fast is the slogan of Smart Launcher, the innovative custom launcher that has been selected by Google as one of the best app on Play Store during January 2016
- 📲 Beta test on Google Play
Are you looking for more insights? Check our daily Community Reports on TestingCatalog.