How to report bugs for Facebook beta
- Open the Facebook app
- Open the 'More Options' menu in the top right corner and scroll to the bottom
- Tap on 'Report a Problem'
- Choose the area that best fits with your issue
- Give as much detail in the description as possible
How to report bugs, if you can't open the app
- First, try to reinstall the app.
- If it still doesn't work, you can report on this Facebook page.
As you already know, Facebook for Android has a beta program available. Due to the popularity of the app and the variety of Android devices, bugs may occur. That's why we will give you more tips on how to format your bug reports. If you want to become a Beta tester you should check Facebook Beta page. Alternatively, you can also follow these instructions to join the Facebook Alpha program.
What kind of details should I include?
- Note your device, the version number of the app, and if you are using a custom ROM.
- Does the issue happen every time or sometimes?
- Is this issue repeatable? Let them know the steps.
- Does the issue happen in all areas of the app?
- If you change related settings, what happens?
- Troubleshoot! If experiencing an issue related to a crash, always try a re-install and let them know if you have done it.
- Include a screenshot or a video, if possible.
If you are lost because of the many different versions of the app, you can always check the version history of Facebook on TestingCatalog.
So what should a good bug report look like?
Here is an example:
Photos are not loading when I click on them. Instead, I get a black screen but can navigate back from it. This only happens with photos on comments and nowhere else. I am using version 18.104.22.168.58 on a OnePlus 6.
When will the bug I reported get fixed?
Some issues may take longer to address than others.
But my app has the report I filed as closed and I still see the bug!
This means the team has flagged the bug internally and is working on it. While investigating the bug any information you provide on new updates, even if it's reporting the same bug, will help the team resolve the issue.
Here you can find an official page which might change in the future.
Are you looking for more insights? Check our daily Community Reports on TestingCatalog.