The famous Lawnchair Launcher got plenty of updates from the last time we reviewed it when the latest version was alpha-317. Yesterday, version alpha-370 was released and we are going to cover the highlights from the versions in-between.
- Fix crash in the gesture app target selection (by Till Kottmann)
- Add Google Feed gesture handler (by Till Kottmann)
- Default legacy icon treatment to off (by Till Kottmann)
- Add Back Button gesture support (by Till Kottmann)
- IconPackPreference UI refresh (by Till Kottmann)
- Fix misaligned blur when returning from Google feed (by paphonb)
- Support launching app shortcuts from gesture (by paphonb)
- Rename home widget string so it isn't overshadowed by translations (by Till Kottmann)
- Add support for IconPack Quick apply and heavily improve icon pack application (by Till Kottmann)
- Add dt2s using device admin (by David Sn)
- Run icon search after completed loading everything (by paphonb)
- Apply the accent color to the search icon
Some great additions are the double tap to sleep gesture and the settings for the back button. There is also an option to apply the accent color to the search icon, but it's not available on our test device.
As you might already know, we had some issues with version alpha-317 and the force close bug in the About section we explained here still persists. This time we were able to capture a log using Lawnchair's log collector, and here it is:
Lawnchair bug report 29 Jul 2018 14:46:19 Lawnchair version: 2.0-370-ci-alpha (370) build.brand: HUAWEI build.device: HWGRA build.display: GRA-L09C109B379 build.hardware: hi3635 build.id: HUAWEIGRA-L09 build.manufacturer: HUAWEI version.release: 6.0 version.sdk_int: 23
Error: Uncaught exception
--------- beginning of stacktrace android.content.res.Resources$NotFoundException: File res/drawable-v21/abc_dialog_material_background.xml from color state list resource ID #0x7f080017 at android.content.res.Resources.loadColorStateListForCookie(Resources.java:2819) at android.content.res.Resources.loadColorStateList(Resources.java:2768) at android.content.res.HwResources.loadColorStateList(HwResources.java:803) at android.content.res.TypedArray.getColor(TypedArray.java:463) at com.huawei.android.hwcontrol.HwWidgetFactoryImpl.getAttrsColorPrimary
That's a wrap for today. You can read our guide on how to get Lawnchair Launcher alpha and beta versions from this link. If you have any issues with Lawnchair's alpha releases, please, do report them here.
Are you looking for more insights? Check our daily Community Reports on TestingCatalog.