The devs are using Telegram X as a testing platform for developing new features and implementing huge design changes. It's built with the focus being on performance and sleek animations. It has gained a huge popularity since it's official launch and now it has more than 5 million installs on the Play Store. Due to these reasons, a bug can always occur and here's our guide on how to write a bug report. But before that, be sure to subscribe for the Telegram X beta program.
- For changelogs follow this Channel. It takes about an hour for any update to reach the Google Play Store.
- To report bugs, use this Group.
- Screen recorders:
- Screen Recorder - Free No Ads
- AZ Screen Recorder - No Root
When reporting bugs, please, include these things:
- The steps to reproduce (if you are able to reproduce it)
- Android Version (there are many version-specific issues)
- Device name & manufacturer (there are many device-specific issues)
- App version code (also check if you have the latest version installed). Don’t use terms like “the latest”
- Screen recording or screenshots with steps to reproduce are highly appreciated
- For keyboard-related bugs, include keyboard name & version Remember: Developers can't fix bugs that they can't reproduce.
Logs: To enable the logs settings, you have to tap 10 times on the app version at the bottom.
A bug report example
Issue: Quick reply from the notification bar doesn't send the message.
App version: 963
Device: Google Pixel 2 XL
Android: Stock 8.1.0
Steps to reproduce: When you get a message, tap on the Reply button, write something and hit Send. The message is not visible in the app though.
Are you looking for more insights? Check our daily Community Reports on TestingCatalog.