The unique and feature-rich Microsoft Launcher is here with another beta release, coming with version number 18.104.22.168658 and the changelog is the following:
- Folder and app icon gestures (swipe to open or click to launch).
- Choose how to use the last row of the expanded dock: Apps, pinned contacts, folders, search bar or widgets;
- Parents can enable web filtering through the Family card.
- Folders in the app drawer are now sorted alphabetically.
- UI improvements: Animation adjustments; blur effect as an option; App badges in the app drawer.
- Fully support Android O and remove support for 4.0.X and 4.1.
The first new feature added is folder and app icon gestures and you can see in the demo video how it works. Also to enable it, you have to hold down your finger on an app icon or a folder on the home screen and select the pen icon. After that, you'll see the gesture settings.
The next interesting one is the customizable dock - you can place on the bottom row a search widget, add a second row of applications and more. It can be switched on from Settings - Personalization - Dock - Dock bottom row.
Now you can turn off all blur effects and set a custom blur level from Settings - Personalization - Themes. It's great to have it optional.
Also the app now fully supports Android Oreo and support for Android Ice Cream Sandwich and Jelly Bean 4.1.X is ended.
What do you think about the changes brought by Microsoft? Let us know.
Are you looking for more insights? Check our daily Community Reports on TestingCatalog.