How to become an alpha tester for Facebook on Android
- Join the Facebook for Android Alpha Testers Google group to become eligible to test the alpha version of the app.
- Go to the Android App Testing for Facebook page.
- Click on the blue colored 'BECOME A TESTER' button.
- Download Facebook from the Play Store.
- Make sure that Auto updates are on so that you can get the latest available version.
- Don't forget to like Facebook alpha on TestingCatalog.
Facebook is the current most popular social network and their Android app has over one billion downloads on the Play Store. The alpha program that's currently running is aimed at enthusiasts like us at Testing Catalog, who want to use the latest features available - as some people say: "The latest and greatest". That's why today's guide is on how to become a Facebook alpha tester, to help the developers improve their app before an official release to the masses.
The developers of the Facebook app are releasing almost daily updates for the alpha testers.
Note: You are not allowed to distribute alpha releases of the app unless you are allowed to do so by the developers.
Alternatively, you can also use the TestingCatalog Android app to become an alpha tester for Facebook.
How to leave the alpha testing program
- Go back to the Android App Testing for Facebook page.
- After that click on the 'Leave the program' button.
- Leave the Facebook for Android Alpha Testers group.
If you are an alpha or beta tester already, hit the 'thumbs up' on our Facebook page and if you have any questions, please, leave them in the comments below.
Are you looking for more insights? Check our daily Community Reports on TestingCatalog.