Subscribe using the opt-in URL
- First, you have to open the Android App Testing for Google Play services page.
- Then you have to click on the blue colored 'BECOME A TESTER' button.
- Don't forget to like Google Play Services beta on TestingCatalog.
Alternatively, you can also use the TestingCatalog Android app to become a beta tester for the Google Play services app.
Subscribe using the Play Store
- Go to the Google settings menu on your Android device. You can do this by going to Settings - Google.
- Click on the overflow menu in the top right corner of the screen, and then select 'Help & feedback'. 3 Click on the overflow menu in the top right corner of the screen, and then select 'View in Google Play Store'.
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen to the 'Become a beta tester' section, and then tap on the 'I'm In' button.
The Google Play services are a set of apps and services (libraries) giving access to third-party apps to use Google's proprietary APIs for Maps. Google+, YouTube and more. It consists of two parts: The Google Play services client library and The Google Play services apk.
The Google Play Services client library
The client library allows apps to get user authorization for individual Google services and it contains the UI elements needed for these actions. It also integrates APIs for error correction at runtime, such as missing, disabled, or out-of-date Google Play services APK.
It is also upgradable and can be integrated with apps that want to use Google's APIs. Updating isn't necessary, but sometimes new features are being added. So devs, be on the lookout!
The Google Play Services APK
It contains all the individual Google services and runs as a background service in the Android OS. You interact with it when signing in with your credentials. It supports devices running Android 2.3 (API level 9) or later and is available on the Play Store. The idea behind it is to make updating it independent from OEMs or carriers. Also, these devices receive regular updates to the app and get all the latest new features and bug fixes provided by Google.
To leave the beta program, you have to hit the Leave the program button on the web sign up page, or the Leave button within the Play Store.
Check this link if you need an additional help regarding "How to become a beta tester for ANY Android app" 📲
The Google Play services have a huge role in improving our smartphone user experience. If you want to stay in touch with latest updates for Google Play Services beta, you can always check our Latest changelog updates for Google Play Services beta where you can keep up with recent app versions and changes. Are you going to subscribe to the beta and get the latest features from Google? Please, let us know in comments!