This time we're going to check out Microsoft Launcher v126.96.36.199176 and the improvements it comes with:
- Family: parents can show/hide kids in the Family card - It gives you the option to check in on your kids. You can enable it by heading to the far-left page and hitting the Customize feed button. After that, you will see it in the Hidden cards section where you'll have to press the Show button.
- Improvements to reading news articles with Microsoft Edge browser
- Toggle to hide page indicator on the home screen - It's self-explanatory.
- Cortana: supports multi-turn SMS + calling
- UI improvements: a welcome page, settings page, widgets & context menu
- Support for removing screens in overview mode via drag & drop
Here is my two cents:
- The animations are overwhelming - they're nice, but too slow (laggy). Also, the UI is far from Material designed and it creates an inconsistency across Android's whole UI design principles.
- Enabling Cortana is a bit tricky. I had to install it, set it as a Default assistant, give it all the necessary permissions, whenever it asked - randomly. Also to make it work from the homescreen, I had to wait like 20 minutes 'till it decided on it's own to download language data packs. It's actually useful, but not nearly as polished as Google Assistant.
A glitch: When scrolling up and down quickly, the app icons in the app drawer at the top 2-3 rows are showing on top of each other - like twice, but in different places. You can see it in the video. I just can't explain it.
That's it for now. If you have any issues with Microsoft Launcher, please go ahead and make a report on Testing Catalog