Gboard beta update 188.8.131.52714143-release-arm64-v8a smoke testDate: 15 Dec 2017Author: Alexey S
Screenshot IScreenshot IIScreenshot III
Gboard - the Google Keyboard beta ReportDevices
Google Pixel XL 2, Android 8.1.0; Samsung Galaxy Note 4, Android 6.0.1
- Device - Google Pixel XL 2, Android 8.1
- Version 184.108.40.206714143-release-arm64-v8a
- Handwriting support
- Suggestions in URL fields
- Fast delete
- Hinglish-style support for 19 more Indian languages
- 20 new languages: Awadhi, Bambara, Bundeli, Emilian-Romagnol, Fulani, Gilaki, Hiligaynon, Jamaican Patois, Kumaoni, Lambadi, Lombard, Madurese, Minangkabau, Mazanderani, Nahuatl, Neapolitan, Norwegian (Nynorsk), Piedmontese, Sadri, Santali (Devanagari and Bengali), Sicilian, Sylheti, Venetian and Zazaki
This update changed my English language config to Alphabet for some reason. Alphabet profile looks like an English but glide typing isn't supported there. I wasted some time by trying to understand why glide typing is broken until I decided to change a language profile.
- glide typing doesn't work in alphabet profile, however, the setting is global and it can be switched on and off without any effect.
- [NOT NEW] the user can drag a blue line from the numbers button in alphabet profile (screenshot). It looks useless and confusing. Was new to me apparently.
- back button in the voice typing settings will close the app
I also didn't find handwriting and url suggestions and it looks like those changes are not active for everyone.
Do you have them?