- Color options for lyric stickers
- Icons for lyric stickers
- An additional lyrics style
- Sharing Instagram music stories on Facebook
- Boomerang mode to return to the camera UI
- Newer post likes to show up on top of the list
- A stickers for inviting people to join a group chat
- Photo capture button in video calls
- AR effects and content co-watching in video calls
- Support for stickers
- Pop-up notifications for group chats with members that you have blocked; similar to Facebook Messenger
- Post reactions that can be sent privately through Instagram Direct
- Audience growth/declination details for creator accounts
- An option to hide like count from your audiences (creator accounts only)
- Sending posts/stories to close friends in bulk
- A new comment reporting menu that slides up from the bottom of the screen
- Precautions about like and follower farms
- Rainbow hashtags for the forthcoming Pride 2019 event in June
- 'Copy Profile URL' in the side menu
- Shopping Bag
- Removal of the Share button in the hashtag pop-up
- 'Primary' and 'General' conversation tabs for Creator Accounts
- Filters for follower sorting in Direct for Creator Accounts - by 'Top Requests', 'New Posts' and more
- A Follow'' button in the Stories viewer list
- Admin right assigning for group chat members
- In-app heads-up notifications
- New UI for AR Effect previewing with three buttons: 'Try It', 'Save' and 'Share'
- Adding custom lyrics to Music Stories
- A seek bar for videos
- 'Trusted Devices' management inside the 'Two-Factor Authentication' settings allowing you to log in without a code on selected devices.
- Less cluttered 'Privacy and Security' settings
- A new branding in the settings page - 'Instagram from Facebook'
- Ability to revert to older usernames
- New camera UI
- GIFs in Direct
- Tagging for video posts
- Emoji bar in the comments section
- 'Rate the app on the Play Store' pop-up
- Mention stickers
- ‘Stars’ are now called ‘Flags’
- New superzoom effects. You can read our special article covering those.
- Stories Highlight stickers.
- The first new effect is called 'Hearts' and it adds floating pink hearts as an overlay and a romantic music to your short video.
- Open the Instagram app.
Instagram to crack down on like farms, add additional lyric styles, bring back Boomerang, plus more (leaks round-up)
What are all of the perks
As we mentioned at the beginning of this article, apparently, Insta will hand "creators" tools for managing their contact info and hiding as well as adding additional buttons with links. Besides, privileged profiles will have the ability to filter out unwanted direct messages and will have access to a special simplified inbox for managing message requests. Furthermore, they will be able to see detailed follower count and advanced statistics in-regards to user engagement. Of course, extra promotions will be included, thus, with a bit of magic from Instagram's algorithms, boosting ad revenues will be achievable.
Why does it even exist
The reason behind is to help creative types of people build their personal brands with no hassle involved, as stated by an Instagram product manager....
Instagram to possibly add a 'Copy Profile URL' button, a seek bar for videos, and more (leaks run-down)
As you have probably noticed, every now and then we are coming up with monthly sets of exciting feature releases combined with leaks for selected Android apps. Our latest contender is Instagram, and all courtesy of @wongmjane, here are some changes and additions that we may start seeing soon.
If someone changes his/her username, their old one will not be usable by any other account until 14 days pass, so you can revert if you have to. This should put an end to the username grabber bots sniffing around the web, as noted by @wongmjane.
This renewed camera interface includes a reduction of the number of main camera modes available....
Basically, users can add other people to their Collections, so anyone in that collection can have access and save publications.
Double-tapping to like comments is for sure a pretty handy gesture. I hope it rolls out soon enough.
Instagram has been showing a green outline around profile pictures of people in your Close Friends list in Stories. The removal of this indication should resolve dramas like "Why am I not in your Close Friends and he/she is?"
The newest top bar UI refresh that is under development resembles the one found in Facebook Messenger - elements are denser, so everything is more compact....
Bottom sheet menu styles
Menus popping up from the bottom are, kind of, a trend these days, because they are much easier to reach on these new tall-display phones, and it seems like Instagram is working on implementing them inside of their app. This style is going to be used for menus that will allow adding or removing people from your list with close friends, modifying notification preferences and muting posts and stories more conveniently in the profile tab.
Additional shortcuts in profiles
'Browse' is going to be a part of profile pages of other people and selecting it is going to display other similar ones to follow, whereas 'Open Archive' is undoubtedly going to be only available when users are at their own profiles.
IGTV related UI improvements
IGTV is a big hit this year, and the parts of the Instagram app dedicated for it are due to get a revamp. Included are going to be the updated IGTV Browsing UI with vertical scrolling for videos in the queue as well as a separate tab for IGTV content in profiles and a special profile page for IGTV content creators....
In the beginning, Instagram was a platform focused primarily on sharing images and videos, but, to my surprise, in the past couple of years it evolved a lot and became a messaging app too, sort of. After multiple updates so far, everything that is necessary for a user has been crammed in one place so you get the best of both worlds, even video calling if you need it. As they continue to borrow features from other messaging apps like Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, and Telegram, the latest addition this time are voice notes.
Introducing Voice Messaging
In any message thread, tap and hold the microphone icon to start recording a voice message. Release your finger to send.
Instagram alpha 188.8.131.52.63 update with an option to make a list with your closest friends and share Stories with them
Instagram has a new alpha update on the Play Store with version number 184.108.40.206.63 that has been released on November 30, 2018. Below is the changelog for it.
We have new features and improvements!
Close Friends List: Now, you can make a close friends list and share stories with just those people. To add friends to your list, go to your profile and tap on “Close Friends” in the side menu.
Based on recent leaks that surfaced on the web for the past month, we got inspired to make a list with the top five Instagram for Android features and changes that are highly anticipated and possibly may go live in November.
So, without further ado, here they are:
1. A new profile UI layout
A new UI layout for the 'Profile' section is in the works, with a swapped profile photo position, a bolder username text and a larger 'Edit' button. This redesign puts slightly more emphasis on the bio and the shared content of the user....
In this article, we are going to cover the newly released Instagram features for the month of September. We separated them into three categories as follows:
Instagram is testing 9 new super cool 'Superzoom' effects and makes the emoji bar in the comments official
If you need a refresher, Instagram has added the 'Superzoom' feature back in 2017. They were intended to let you make your Stories flashy by adding some very creative zoom effects on top of your videos.
Now, there are 9 new 'Superzoom' effects, bumping the total number of them up to 10. You can add them to your 'Stories' too.
UPD: looks like this feature was rolled out to all clients.
As I mentioned in Twitter, this time Instagram got a complete new UX element. This side-bar can be easily swiped from the right so you don't need to move your finger to the top of your screen. I would assume that they want to check if these menus will perform better in case if you will have an easier access to them....
If you have issues with Instagram on your Android device and you were looking for a way to get them sorted out, you are in the right place. In this article, we are going to guide you how to report bugs for the Instagram app. Here are the steps:
UPDATE: This feature is now available to everyone!
In the recent Instagram v220.127.116.11.27 I received a new nametag button to my profile page. It looks like a barcode scanner icon and it is located next to the archived posts icon on top.
Check this guide on how to join Instagram Alpha or Beta if you want to get new features earlier.
After clicking on that button you will pass through the several steps tutorial with feature usage tooltips....
Today, Instagram is rolling out polls through direct messages for some users. So, it lets you add the same poll sticker as you do in your stories, but now you can select who you want it to be sent to. You can also send them in group chats, but keep in mind that everyone in the group can vote and see the results right away. It's useful when you want to poll a small group of people, like your family members for a dinner party, or something similar.
Instagram wants its users to engage a lot with each other, and that's why it feels like it is trying to become a new ask.fm replacement....