Sesame is a powerful universal search on Android. It integrates with your launcher, learns from you, and makes hundreds of personal shortcuts. With Sesame universal search, everything is 1 or 2 taps away!
"Sesame will change how you use your phone" - Android Unfiltered
"A must have app" - TechRadar
See our Nova Launcher partnership: https://help.teslacoilapps.com/sesame
- 100+ shortcuts added to your device
- Fully customizable, gorgeous search UI
- Learns from you
- Search with dozens of apps using Google Autosuggestions
- Fast Search that's designed to work in 1 or 2 taps. It matches the first letters of words. Typing “S” “B” will bring "Spotify: The Beatles” to the top. Since it learns from you, next time just “S” will do
- API integrations to Spotify, YouTube, Gmail, Maps, Slack, Reddit, Telegram and more
- Detects wallpaper colors and styles itself
- Powerful tools to make your own shortcuts
- Works with all launchers and has a special partnership with Nova & Hyperion Launchers
- We don't store or sell your data
- Unlimited free trial. Only pay if you decide it's worth it!
- Swiping, tapping, and waiting for screens to load is slow
- A universal search UI can fix this problem
- Android was always meant to be an open system
- The raw data to build the most powerful universal search is there, but no one has stitched it together into a smooth experience
- Respecting user data = long term success. Your data stays on your device. We don’t store it. We don't sell it. (see exceptions for bug fixing below)
- We make money by making a good product. Sesame is a 100% voluntary purchase
- In user centered development: www.reddit.com/r/sesame
List of Shortcuts Preloaded shortcuts
- Contacts with one touch to call, text, or email
- WhatsApp conversations (not group ones though)
- Settings (19 useful ones)
- Google Shortcuts (My flights, etc.)
- Yelp (42 common searches)
- Quick Search options for apps (control this in Preferences)
Android 7.1 app shortcuts
- Backported all the way to 5.0 devices
- NOTE: we can only access the "Dynamic" 7.1 shortcuts if you have Nova Launcher
Create your own shortcuts for hundreds of apps
Supports widget/launcher shortcuts
- Spotify: All albums, artists, and playlists in your Library
- Slack: your teams and channels
- Tasker: all your tasks. This let’s you build complex actions in Tasker and quick launch them easily.
- Reddit: your subreddits. Works for all Reddit apps.
- Telegram: you conversations
- YouTube: subscriptions, channels, watch later
- Gmail: your labels
- Maps: your places and saved maps
- Drive: files and folders
Access dozens of search engines!
- Search options and Google Autosuggestions appear as you type
- Tap an icon to launch your search
- This works for dozens of apps like Maps, Spotify, Netflix, Evernote, Chrome, DuckDuckGo and more
- Recent searches are saved as shortcuts for 21 days
- You can control all of this in Sesame Settings
Unlimited Trial + Reminder Message
- Sesame has a full featured unlimited trial
- After 14 days, if you are using the app but haven’t paid, you’ll see a brief message each time you use a shortcut
- Sesame needs data to make it's shortcuts, but none of this data leaves your device. We do not collect or sell your data
- Crash Reporting (Beta only): If you are a Beta tester, Sesame will collect crash data when an error occurs. We only use this to fix bugs. You can opt out of crash reporting in Sesame Settings > Debug data
Sesame Universal Search is made by Steve Blackwell and Phil Wall. We hope you like it. Let us know if there’s anything we can do to improve it :)
1. Download the app from Google Play via the OPT-IN link and start testing!
2. Sign up for our weekly Newsletter 📩
Disclaimer: This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.