Keepass2Android is an open-source password manager for Android. It reads and schreibt.kdbx files, so use the database format of the popular KeePass 2.x password manager for Windows and other desktop operating systems. The user interface is based on Keepassdroid (by Brian Pellin), ported from Java to Mono for Android. In the background of the original code of KeePass libraries running to ensure compatibility may the file format.
Main features of the app are
- Read / write support for .kdbx- (KeePass 2.x) files
- Integration with virtually any Android browser (see below)
- QuickUnlock: Unlock your database once the full password, open it then again with only a few characters (see below)
- Built-in software keyboard: Give therefore your user data - which protects against the tapping of passwords from the clipboard (see below.)
- entries edit including additional fields, file attachments, tags, etc..
- open files directly online and save incl. cache (supports dropbox, Google Drive, SkyDrive, FTP and WebDAV). Install Keepass2Android offline when you do not need this feature.
- Convenient search facilities
Required permissions: Access SD card Internet access (required for accessing databases via FTP / WebDAV, use "Keepass2Android Offline" if you do not want to grant this permission) control * Vibrating alert
Bug reports and suggestions: http://keepass2android.codeplex.com/
== Browser integration ==
If functionality you need a password for a web page, go in the browser menu / Share ... and choose Keepass2Android. Then a screen * seem to load a database to unlock / if still loaded and unlocked database is not
- the search results for the currently visited website (based on the URL) View
-- or --
- Direct the options to copy username View and password in the notification bar when exactly matches an entry on the currently visited URL.
== QuickUnlock ==
you should enter your password database with a strong password protect (ie random and LANG, incl. upper / lower case, numbers and special characters). Such a password entry every time on a mobile phone keypad, if the database is to be unlocked, is time consuming and error prone. The solution is KP2A QuickUnlock:
- Use a strong password for your database
- Invite your database and give it even the strong password. Activate QuickUnlock.
- The app locks itself after the time specified in the settings
- When you need to reuse the database, it is sufficient, only the last few characters (by default 3) to enter your password to unlock fast and easy!
- If the wrong QuickUnlock short password is entered, the database is immediately completely closed and must be opened with the full password.
- Keepass2Android is an open-source password manager for Android
- 📲 Beta test on Google Play
1. Download the app from Google Play via the OPT-IN link and start testing!
2. Sign up for a weekly Newsletter 📩