YouTube is everyone's favorite video streaming platform, and a social media network in its own way, which lets people engage and share their lives, opinions, issues. Owned by Google, it is growing more and more every single day and serves more like a music streaming service, or a TV replacement to some extent, due to the diversity of the hosted content.
The YouTube app for Android on the other side keeps most of the core features available on the desktop site, like, for example, uploading videos and editing them beforehand. You can also see what are the trending videos in the world right at this moment, or in your country - from music videos to vlogs, entertainment, gaming, news, how to guides, and many more right from the home page of the app. Subscribe to the channels you love the most, create your own playlists, manage them, switch between a number of accounts, share your favorite clips with your family and friends, control what is playing on your YouTube enabled TV, or other casting tech, and do a lot more stuff from your phone, or tablet.
Description from Google Play:
Get the official YouTube app for Android phones and tablets. See what the world is watching -- from the hottest music videos to what’s trending in gaming, entertainment, news, and more. Subscribe to channels you love, share with friends, and watch on any device.
With a new design, you can have fun exploring videos you love more easily and quickly than before. Just tap an icon or swipe to switch between recommended videos, your subscriptions, or your account. You can also subscribe to your favorite channels, create playlists, edit and upload videos, express yourself with comments or shares, cast a video to your TV, and more – all from inside the app.
FIND VIDEOS YOU LOVE FAST
- Browse personal recommendations on the Home tab
- See the latest from your favorite channels on the Subscriptions tab
- Look up videos you’ve watched and liked on the Account tab
CONNECT AND SHARE
- Let people know how you feel with likes, comments, and shares
- Upload and edit your own videos with filters and music – all inside the app
How to join YouTube beta:
We have a guide here on TestingCatalog, which you can follow to join YouTube beta for Android.
How to report bugs:
Method 1 - from the Play Store.
- Open the Google Play Store on your device.
- Search for 'YouTube'.
- Enter YouTube's description page.
- Scroll down until you see the 'Enter feedback about the app' hint text, and fill in the box with information about your issue.
Method 2 - from the YouTube app itself.
- Open YouTube.
- Tap on the avatar image of the logged in user account.
- Scroll down and select 'Help & feedback'.
- Then choose 'Send feedback'.
A bonus tip for you: The beta releases for YouTube are mostly for testing the stability of the app. If you have any other question, be sure to drop them down in the comments section below and we will be glad to answer them.