DuckDuckGo Privacy Browser Beta
#privacy #security #duckduckgo #opensource #privatbrowserBeta Update from 17 Aug 2018
By Google Play
In this release, we added large-scale https upgrades to keep you even more secure as you browse the web.
You can always reach us at https://duckduckgo.com/feedback.
Are you looking for deeper insights? Check our daily 📲 Test Reports
At DuckDuckGo, we believe the Internet shouldn't feel so creepy and having the privacy you deserve online should be as simple as closing the blinds.
We provide the privacy essentials you need to seamlessly take control of your personal information as you search and browse the web, no matter where the Internet takes you:
- Escape Advertising Tracker Networks — Our Privacy Protection will block all the hidden trackers we can find, exposing the major advertising networks tracking you over time, so that you can track who's trying to track you.
- Increase Encryption Protection — We force sites to use an encrypted connection where available, protecting your data from prying eyes, like Internet Service Providers.
- Search Privately — You share your most personal information with your search engine, like your financial, medical, and political questions. What you search for is your own business, which is why DuckDuckGo search doesn't track you. Ever.
- Decode Privacy Policies — We’ve partnered with Terms of Service Didn't Read to include their scores and labels of website terms of service and privacy policies, where available.
As you search and browse, DuckDuckGo shows you a Privacy Grade rating when you visit a website (A-F). This rating lets you see how protected you are at a glance, dig into the details to see who we caught trying to track you, and learn how we enhanced the underlying site's privacy measures. The Privacy Grade is scored automatically based on the prevalence of hidden tracker networks, encryption availability, and website privacy practices.
Our app provides standard browsing functionality including tabs, bookmarks, and autocomplete. In addition to strong Privacy Protection as described above, we also packed in some extra privacy features into the browser itself:
- Fire Button — Clear all your tabs and data with one tap.
Too many people believe you simply can’t expect privacy on the Internet. We're fighting to change that, and have made it our mission to set a new standard of trust online. Install DuckDuckGo and take back your privacy!
- About Us: https://duckduckgo.com/about/
- Device Privacy Tips: https://spreadprivacy.com/tag/device-privacy-tips/
- More Privacy Education: https://spreadprivacy.com/tag/privacy-newsletter/
Open source at https://github.com/duckduckgo/android.
Tester's FAQ: Login with your Google Account (Optional) to the TestingCatalog Service to earn extra points and boost your Beta Tester profile to top. Download the app from Google Play via OPT-IN link and start testing!
Like favorite_border Beta Page on TestingCatalog to follow latest Updates and Changelogs.
Report bug_report any found bugs with your feedback to the TestingCatalog to share your findings with the Community of beta testers.
Recommended Blog Posts
- Top Apps for Beta Testing Best Android Apps for Beta Testing in 2018 Best Android Apps for Beta Testing in 2018. TestingCatalog research across mothe then 600 beta applications and 200 communities.
- All Google apps in Beta Complete beta testing tutorial for Google Apps Complete beta testing tutorial for Google Apps. Google Play, Google Search, Google Maps, Gboard, Youtube GO, Chrome and many more.
- How to join Telegram Beta Secret trick for Telegram users and beta testers Secret trick for Telegram users and beta testers. Do you want to become Telegram messanger beta tester?