LocalCast for Chromecast Beta
#chromecast #tv #screen #androidapp #chrome #castingBeta Update from 08 Aug 2018
By Google Play
Fixed DLNA device description
Are you looking for deeper insights? Check our daily 📲 Test Reports
LocalCast is the number one casting solution on Android with over 5,000,000 users!
Send videos, music or pictures
FROM your phone or tablet, other apps, NAS (DLNA/UPnP or Samba), Google Drive, Google+, Dropbox or a webpage
TO a Chromecast, SmartTVs, Roku, Nexus Player, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV or Stick, Sony Bravia, Samsung, LG, Panasonic and other SmartTVs, Sonos, Xbox 360, Xbox One or other DLNA Devices.
If you have a problem with LocalCast, please see the FAQ (english only right now): www.localcast-app.com/faq
// Unique features
- Zoom & rotate & pan (Chromecast & other Google Cast devices)
- NAS: SMB access
- Subtitles: Opensubtitle.org integration
Subtitles only work with Chromecast and Apple TV 4
Be aware that the Chromecast only supports a couple of format/codecs. It can read containers like mp4, mkv, 3gp and m4v, but all these containers can use different codecs. If something doesn't work, please visit the FAQ (english only right now): www.localcast-app.com/faq
On a Chromecast: Rotate, zoom and pan pictures easily from the "Now playing" screen, touch the button with the four arrows.
Subtitles work with Chromecast and Apple TV 4:
- Use the Opensubtitles.org integration
- Touch a subtitle file after you started a video
Subtitles in the same folder are added automatically. You can set a subtitle folder which will be searched. Subtitle timing, font, background and color can be changed. Subtitle encoding in the settings: e.g. for arabic subtitles choose UTF-8 Some DLNA servers add information about subtitles, some don't.
// Wireless headphones (beta)
Touch "Route audio to phone" on the "Now playing" screen, to stream the sound to your phone. It's impossible to sync this automatically and network delays make it hard. This feature is in beta: it might work most of the time.
// Chromecast supported formats
// Recommended PC software to convert your files:
// In app purchases:
The app is free and ads supported, all purchases unlock all Pro version features:
- No ads
- Search (device only)
- Video preview when seeking on the "Now playing" screen
There are subscriptions "/month", "/year" and one time purchases. I am just one independent developer working on my apps whenever I can, without a big budget for testing on various devices. If you find a bug please contact me via Google+ or email and I'll try to fix it ASAP!
// App logo
converted to vector graphic by Logain UBiv Tnomal Ablar, check out his blog: http://candynjuice.blogspot.com/
Allow WiFi Multicast: for the server Your accounts: Google Drive/Google+ Phone state/identity: Pause/Resume on incoming calls
// Anonymous Usage Statistics:
This App gathers anonymous usage statistics through Firebase Analytics to find bugs and enhance future user experience. You can opt out by deactivating this option in the App's settings.
Tester's FAQ: Login with your Google Account (Optional) to the TestingCatalog Service to earn extra points and boost your Beta Tester profile to top. Download the app from Google Play via OPT-IN link and start testing!
Like favorite_border Beta Page on TestingCatalog to follow latest Updates and Changelogs.
Report bug_report any found bugs with your feedback to the TestingCatalog to share your findings with the Community of beta testers.
Recommended Blog Posts
- Top Apps for Beta Testing Best Android Apps for Beta Testing in 2018 Best Android Apps for Beta Testing in 2018. TestingCatalog research across mothe then 600 beta applications and 200 communities.
- All Google apps in Beta Complete beta testing tutorial for Google Apps Complete beta testing tutorial for Google Apps. Google Play, Google Search, Google Maps, Gboard, Youtube GO, Chrome and many more.
- How to join Telegram Beta Secret trick for Telegram users and beta testers Secret trick for Telegram users and beta testers. Do you want to become Telegram messanger beta tester?