- Added theme property:
- Telegram X is now available in Arabic, Czech, Hebrew, Norwegian (Bokmål) and Persian
- Theme Creator: Create themes using dozens of features dedicated for designers for finding perfect colours.
- Install custom localizations from XML files
- Switch between installed localizations. Delete them by swiping or holding
- New tools for both translators and custom localization files creators
- Slightly reordered items in the settings
- More available message text sizes
- Changed the text size of message and caption input fields
- Enable Size Scaling: Turn on to apply system font size changes (Settings - Themes - Text Size - Three-dot Menu)
- Reset text size to default in the three-dot menu when
- Chat text size now applies to replies too (only to the content)
- Chat text size no longer applies to bios and descriptions
- When playing a game, the corresponding status will be set properly
- Icons when selecting output channel during a call
- Pause icon size in the in-app YouTube player is too small
- Alert dialogs are not translated regardless of the chosen language
- "OK" cannot be translated
- Bold text for some languages may not be working in some parts of the UI
- HTTP Proxy Setup
- Translations: Use "Unlock Language Settings" in the debug menu if you are a translator
- You can set-up an additional Passcode Lock of any type and options for Secret Chats. When enabled, it will be required each time you access a specified Secret Chat and its content will be hidden on the chats page. Set it up by using the three-dot menu.
- Video Quality
- Raise to Speak
- Completely reworked delete chat / return to chat logic (delete chat / leave group / leave channel / clear history / return to group / return to channel buttons) on all screens (chats list, chat itself, profile)
- Leave Channel / Leave Group for its creators from the chats list / chat and profile screen
- Return to Group / Return to Channel through three-dot menu, when available
- When deleting a secret chat, specify if you'd like to delete history on other party's side
- When leaving a basic group chat, specify if you'd like to delete chat from the list or just leave without deleting history
- Save GIF in full-screen GIF viewer
- Video Messages tab in shared media / saved messages
- Tap to open full-screen viewer when autoplay GIFs disabled
- High-quality preview of the GIF when autoplay GIFs disabled
- When autoplay GIFs option disabled, video messages won't move while paused as well, and this option applies to shared media as well
- Moved: Destroy group / channel is now located on manage group / channel screen inside three-dot menu (and only if there are less than 1000 members)
- Updated TDLib version
- Added "Copyright" as chat report reason
- Added Settings - Privacy & Security - Delete all cloud drafts
- Significantly reduced CPU & memory usage taken by each GIF and video message, thus, they display much faster and smoother (most noticeable when you scroll shared GIFs or @gif results)
- Collapsed some message menu items to "More" in order to reduce its size (also removed "Select" option for the same reason)
- Playback position is now properly saved when you pause/resume app while playing videos
- When a new message arrives into the open chat, the sound will play only for messages that need notification
- "Too Many Requests: retry after X" error message
- USER_NOT_MUTUAL_CONTACT error message
- Contextual information in pop-ups (i.e.
- View high-res GIFs at full speed without downscale in full-screen viewer (when you tap on a GIF) and in previews (when you hold it in GIFs tab).
- Pause/play button when you play video.
- "Silent Broadcast" setting in channels is now synchronized across all devices.
- GIFs & Voice tabs in Profiles.
- Clickable usernames in the sticker pack names
- Delete inline bots from the recents list (@)
- When you click on a hashtag from a channel, it will be searched among the channel messages
- Improved - terminate session / terminate all sesions pop-up style - You can find it in Settings - Privacy and Security - Active Sessions - Terminate All Other Sessions.
- Improved - slightly increased the distance needed to open a chat preview
- Fixed - Hashtags deletion from the recents list (#) doesn't work properly
- Fixed - Swipe-to-remove conflict in the sessions list
- Fixed - Swipe up to open a chat preview doesn't work when actions for the chat are unavailable
- Fixed - Crash when trying to add the 1000th account
- Fixed - messages with inline keyboards are not editable
- Fixed - text URLs are missing from the shared links
- Fixed - several rare crashes
- Fixed - freezing possibility between instance restarts
Telegram X December updates come with improved sharing experience, custom theming support and lots of bug fixes
Telegram X for Android recently got built-in theming support in the beta channel, allowing users to create custom themes, edit them on-the-go and share them freely. This feature is now live for everyone with version 0.21.3.1037 stable that was released on December 17th on the Google Play Store.
Considering the number of betas and RCs (release candidates) that were available since last week (starting from v0.21.3.1024 beta) and the release notes for all of them, we can state that the development team behind has been focusing pretty much on three main things - improving the way themes work, squashing bugs and enhancing the content sharing options from the app itself to other apps and the other way around. We did break down the changelogs for all of these updates into categories like so:
Telegram X beta got a powerful theme editor, new Night Black theme and a bunch of other improvements
Telegram X is an alternative official client for Telegram messenger which has a beta release channel on Google Play. It's been a while since Telegram X was updated last time and in version 0.21.2.1016 users got a long-awaited themes editor.
With the possibility of adding custom translations introduced earlier and editing themes, Telegram X became as customizable as a standard Telegram app.
Telegram X, one of our favorite messaging apps on Android, after a month and a half of testing, finally got an update on the stable channel. There have been in total twenty-one beta/release candidate versions released to all testers, with numerous fixes and enhancements, including tons of improvements around devices running Android Pie, translations and more. Let's go through our, kind of quick, updates round-up:
Telegram X is now available in ten languages (English, French, German, Italian, Malay, Malayalam, Portuguese (Brazil), Russian, Spanish and Ukrainian) and whenever your local language gets added to the list, you will be asked to switch to it, without an app update required.
If you want to suggest a translation change, you can check our detailed guide about "Translating Telegram Beta for Android" where everything needed is explained thoroughly....
Telegram X got 10 new updates this month, mostly related to translations and localizations. Let's see some of the highlight features that came with the builds released since the beginning of September:
Editing channels and supergroup content/info
You can now edit channel and supergroup descriptions and links by just tapping on them. Things are much easier now, aren't they?
New settings entries
There is a new settings entry in Settings - Interface named 'Remember media grouping setting' - When enabled, the last used media grouping settings will be saved. Another one is 'Save edited photos to gallery', which is also in the Interface section and is on by default....
Telegram X is one of our top best Android apps and that is why this time we are going to focus on one of it's not so well known features called live locations. Live locations allow a user to share his location constantly to a chosen contact, or multiple contacts at the same time. If you are part of a group, then locations of participants will be showing up on a single map.
This is, in a way, similar to SnapMap in Shapchat, where you get a map and your friends' current location is marked on a map. Telegram X uses Google Maps as a maps provider by default, but there are other options you can choose from Settings > Privacy and Security > Map Preview Provider and Map Preview Provider in Cloud Chats....
The Telegram X app for Android has a very unique design and set of features. In this regard, we are going to look at the gestures incorporated for navigating throughout the app, albeit some of them are reminiscent of IOS. This year, if you do not know, the trend is all about gesture-based navigation because every OEM, including Google, has adopted some variant of it in their software (Android Pie too). They are sort of meant to make your life easier for all huge-screen phone lovers. This is why we made a list of all of the gestures in Telegram X, in categories depending on the part of the UI that they are functional in....
Following the Telegram app, Telegram X v0.20.11.980 beta also adds custom localizations, but not only that. First, let's see the changelog for this release:
What are localizations and how do they work
Localizations are translations....
How to set up a proxy for Telegram X using pre-made proxies
The Telegram X app got a total of six updates today (August 1st) with a very handy tool for translators and a huge pack of bugs squashed. Here are the two new features from version 0.20.10.968 beta:
You can read the full changelogs from here.
One of the latest releases brings the HTTP proxy feature, which is accessible from Settings - Data and Storage - Proxy....
Telegram X app for Android received a plethora of updates and bug fixes this month and here's our review. Let's go through the main features:
Passcodes for Secret Chats and Fingerprint Unlock
The devs are using Telegram X as a testing platform for developing new features and implementing huge design changes. It's built with the focus being on performance and sleek animations. It has gained a huge popularity since it's official launch and now it has more than 5 million installs on the Play Store. Due to these reasons, a bug can always occur and here's our guide on how to write a bug report. But before that, be sure to subscribe for the Telegram X beta program....
There is a poll for the next Telegram X feature happening now! If you will navigate to the https://t.me/tgx_android channel fast enough - you will be able to participate in the poll where you can choose what feature do you want to see next.
There are 3 options:
First two options sound straightforward while the last one is about a possibility to add filters "Masks" in the in-app photo editor. Here you can find an official blog post about the photo editing feature.
This seems to be the first time (didn't see this before) in Telegram X beta history when users were given to decide the direction of future development....
Telegram X v0.20.10.958 beta brings along a ton of bug fixes and enhancements with some very handy toggles added. Let's go through the very very detailed changelog and then we will share our thoughts.
The popular messaging app Telegram X got an update to v0.20.10.957 Beta with the following changes, with our teardown confirming the official changelog that was released.
<string name="NoGifsToShow">No GIFs to show.</string>
<string name="NoGifsToShowInChannel">Published GIFs will be shown here.</string>
<string name="NoGifsToShowInChat">"Share GIFs in this chat and access them on any device you have."</string>
<string name="NoVoiceToShow">No voice messages to show</string>
<string name="NoVoiceToShowInChannel">"Published voice messages will be shown here."</string>
<string name="NoVoiceToShowInChat">"Share voice messages in this chat and access them on any device you have."</string>
Today here's yet another Telegram X beta update bumping the version number to 0.20.10.956, which brings the following changes and bug fixes:
Updated TDLib version:
Also there's a message from the developers of the app on Telegram X's Official Channel:
"It seems that now only messages with inline keyboards became editable.