Display Tester beta
#tester #lcd #display #androidapp #betaBeta Update from 09 Jul 2018
By Google Play
Preparations for Android P
AdMob consent for free version (GDPR)
Using latest Google libraries
Bug fixes and optimisations
Are you looking for deeper insights? Check our daily 📲 Test Reports
DisplayTester makes it possible to test almost every aspect of your device's LCD/OLED screen. Using Google Cast it is possible to test the display quality of your TV. It is designed to allow full screen testing also on devices with soft keys (hiding the soft keys in ICS and later, immersive mode in KitKat and later).
-= Free features =-
- Dead pixel test: detect "dead pixels" by displaying a series of solid background color pages
- Color tests: contrast, gradient (banding) and saturation tests
- Gamma calibration tests (grey/red/green/blue)
- Viewing angle tests (This is useless for OLED displays)
- Wide gamut color test
- Multi-touch test
- Display performance tests
- Repair burn in - scrolling black & white bars
- Display measures info: screen size, GPU type, dpi, density-independent pixel size, OpenGL 1.x info, pixel format
- Real world pictures for reference and comparison
- 4-color gradient test with orientation change correction (Android 2.2 and higher)
-= Pro features =-
- No splash screen
- Full Google Cast support
- Repair burn in - noise (white, b&w, red, green, blue) => Only Android 2.2 and higher!
- Pixel format & dithering tests
- Built-in font styles test
- Manually DPI measurement
- Color charts
- Touch screen dead spot tester
- System Fonts tester
- DIP / PX calculator
-= Soft key hiding in ICS/Honeycomb/JellyBean =-
Use the preferences menu option for this or simply long touch the display during a test is running.
-= Gestures =-
- Slide left-right: change test image
- Slide up-down: change brightness
- Long touch: switch between full screen and normal screen (Android 3.0 and higher)
- Double tap: hide or show the test specific settings dialogue (if available)
When the soft keys are hidden it is not easy to advance to the next screen: First tap to make the buttons appear, then a quick swipe for the next screen before the buttons are hidden again.
Please consider purchasing the Pro version to support further development.
If you are having a problem or you have a suggestion about a missing feature, the ONLY way it will get done is if you email me! :)
Tester's FAQ: Login with your Google Account (Optional) to the TestingCatalog Service to earn extra points and boost your Beta Tester profile to top. Download the app from Google Play via OPT-IN link and start testing!
Like favorite_border Beta Page on TestingCatalog to follow latest Updates and Changelogs.
Report bug_report any found bugs with your feedback to the TestingCatalog to share your findings with the Community of beta testers.
Recommended Blog Posts
- Top Apps for Beta Testing Best Android Apps for Beta Testing in 2018 Best Android Apps for Beta Testing in 2018. TestingCatalog research across mothe then 600 beta applications and 200 communities.
- All Google apps in Beta Complete beta testing tutorial for Google Apps Complete beta testing tutorial for Google Apps. Google Play, Google Search, Google Maps, Gboard, Youtube GO, Chrome and many more.
- How to join Telegram Beta Secret trick for Telegram users and beta testers Secret trick for Telegram users and beta testers. Do you want to become Telegram messanger beta tester?