- Added blur and dark theme to dock search bar
- Added Kelvin temperature unit
- Improved toggling blur
- Fixed crash during app installation
- Fixed keyboard input in color picker
- Fixed broken app suggestions
- Fixed weather not displaying for negative temperature
- Fix crash in the gesture app target selection (by Till Kottmann)
- Add Google Feed gesture handler (by Till Kottmann)
- Default legacy icon treatment to off (by Till Kottmann)
- Add Back Button gesture support (by Till Kottmann)
- IconPackPreference UI refresh (by Till Kottmann)
- Fix misaligned blur when returning from Google feed (by paphonb)
- Support launching app shortcuts from gesture (by paphonb)
- Rename home widget string so it isn't overshadowed by translations (by Till Kottmann)
- Add support for IconPack Quick apply and heavily improve icon pack application (by Till Kottmann)
- Add dt2s using device admin (by David Sn)
- Run icon search after completed loading everything (by paphonb)
- Apply the accent color to the search icon
- Join the LawnchairCI Telegram channel Lawnchair Cl.
- Tap on the pinned post. 3.
- Preference for displaying Google search bar on Dock and App Drawer.
- Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 4, Android 6.0.1
- Lawnchair version: Beta 188.8.131.524
- Lawnfeed version:
Earlier, last week to be precise, @wongmjane has discovered the inclusion of Comic Sans inside Lawnchair, though, the purpose for that is different than what she has thought that it would be, thus not for accessibility reasons. You can check out her tweet for reference.
If you like the looks of Lawnchair in conjunction with Comic Sans, you should totally post your home screen setups on Twitter and tag @lawnchairapp. On the contrary, if you hate Comic Sans, you can easily disable it without having to wait until the day after April 1st. To do so, just enter Lawnchair's settings, hit the three-dot menu up top and select 'AFD / ON'....
The initial alpha-984 build with support for Sesame was dropped out just a couple of days, but the current most up-to-date build is alpha-1001. Note that to enable the Sesame Shortcuts integration, you must have its version 3.3.0 installed. Also, do note that Sesame has a full unlimited trial period, though after 14 days it will start showing up pop-ups asking you to make a purchase worth a couple of dollars for activation....
With the continuous stream of alpha builds for the upcoming launch of Lawnchair Launcher version 2 that is yet to come as a stable release, the developers are doing their best at squashing every tiny bug that may occur and they are optimizing the app to comply with the changes that Google introduced with Android Pie and its revamped navigation system, home screen and recent UI combo. The most up-to-date version of Lawnchair is alpha-721 and brings the following improvements/fixes:
If you would like to enable the experimental dark search bar option, head into the Search section inside its settings and you will see the respective option for it at the very bottom of the page. Note that toggling the switch does not take effect every time. The next new option is using Kelvin as a preferred temperature unit, which you can turn on right from the Home widget page in the settings again....
Lawnchair v2 is in the works and we got many alphas to test. I am personally testing it on my Huawei P8 and I'm looking forward to the official stable release. Here's my two cents:
Simply amazing! The Pixel Launcher style is my current favorite and Lawnchair does it even better. There are some things I'd like to see implemented and I am going to mention them later in the review....
About the app:
The app is ok, I like the user interface and the new look and most of all I like that I still have the options from the first one and I haven't come upon a bug since my past week of using it.
doesn't have app lock feature but good experience overall, I would recommend this as the best launcher to anyone and I also made a YouTube video about it a few days ago...
The famous Lawnchair Launcher got plenty of updates from the last time we reviewed it when the latest version was alpha-317. Yesterday, version alpha-370 was released and we are going to cover the highlights from the versions in-between.
Some great additions are the double tap to sleep gesture and the settings for the back button. There is also an option to apply the accent color to the search icon, but it's not available on our test device.
As you might already know, we had some issues with version alpha-317 and the force close bug in the About section we explained here still persists....
How to get Lawnchair Launcher v2 alpha & beta
I just installed Lawnchair app version 2 alpha. This is an app for customizing the android launcher. In version 1 app is having features like hiding app, changing app labels, app shortcuts and a very good Preference settings screen in which we can set preferences for UI and functions. However, a new beta version of the app comes with a lot of improvements in both UX as well as functionality.
What is new in version 2 alpha
Lownchair released a new update 184.108.40.2062 which made Lawnfeed crash (screenshot). Apparently, this is a known issue and developers are working on it.
However, this update includes an update for the Snowfall feature. It is the second advent (the second Sunday) today and it is the best time for it!
I was working on another test report today, but after seeing this changelog I decided to postpone it and do this small feature overview.
What is Snowfall - it is a snow animation on your home screen! and since this update, you can customize a frequency and the size of it....
This is my favourite launcher now.
This time I just want to report a small bug.