- Fix crash in the gesture app target selection (by Till Kottmann)
- Add Google Feed gesture handler (by Till Kottmann)
- Default legacy icon treatment to off (by Till Kottmann)
- Add Back Button gesture support (by Till Kottmann)
- IconPackPreference UI refresh (by Till Kottmann)
- Fix misaligned blur when returning from Google feed (by paphonb)
- Support launching app shortcuts from gesture (by paphonb)
- Rename home widget string so it isn't overshadowed by translations (by Till Kottmann)
- Add support for IconPack Quick apply and heavily improve icon pack application (by Till Kottmann)
- Add dt2s using device admin (by David Sn)
- Run icon search after completed loading everything (by paphonb)
- Apply the accent color to the search icon
- Join the LawnchairCI Telegram channel Lawnchair Cl.
- Tap on the pinned post. 3.
- Preference for displaying Google search bar on Dock and App Drawer.
- Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 4, Android 6.0.1
- Lawnchair version: Beta 22.214.171.1244
- Lawnfeed version:
Lawnchair v2 is in the works and we got many alphas to test. I am personally testing it on my Huawei P8 and I'm looking forward to the official stable release. Here's my two cents:
Simply amazing! The Pixel Launcher style is my current favorite and Lawnchair does it even better. There are some things I'd like to see implemented and I am going to mention them later in the review....
About the app:
The app is ok, I like the user interface and the new look and most of all I like that I still have the options from the first one and I haven't come upon a bug since my past week of using it.
doesn't have app lock feature but good experience overall, I would recommend this as the best launcher to anyone and I also made a YouTube video about it a few days ago...
The famous Lawnchair Launcher got plenty of updates from the last time we reviewed it when the latest version was alpha-317. Yesterday, version alpha-370 was released and we are going to cover the highlights from the versions in-between.
Some great additions are the double tap to sleep gesture and the settings for the back button. There is also an option to apply the accent color to the search icon, but it's not available on our test device.
As you might already know, we had some issues with version alpha-317 and the force close bug in the About section we explained here still persists....
How to get Lawnchair Launcher v2 alpha & beta
I just installed Lawnchair app version 2 alpha. This is an app for customizing the android launcher. In version 1 app is having features like hiding app, changing app labels, app shortcuts and a very good Preference settings screen in which we can set preferences for UI and functions. However, a new beta version of the app comes with a lot of improvements in both UX as well as functionality.
What is new in version 2 alpha
Lownchair released a new update 126.96.36.1992 which made Lawnfeed crash (screenshot). Apparently, this is a known issue and developers are working on it.
However, this update includes an update for the Snowfall feature. It is the second advent (the second Sunday) today and it is the best time for it!
I was working on another test report today, but after seeing this changelog I decided to postpone it and do this small feature overview.
What is Snowfall - it is a snow animation on your home screen! and since this update, you can customize a frequency and the size of it....
This is my favourite launcher now.
This time I just want to report a small bug.