Glimpse Notifications beta
Glimpse Notifications beta testingBeta Update from 14 May 2018
By Google Play
• new screen with additional conditions
• option to wake screen only when charging
• move notification priority setting in UI
• fix: widget didn't show "off" state
• fix: alarm clock symbol was sometimes shown in status bar
• fix: proximity sensor delivers bogus values on some devices
• translation updates
• bug fixes
Are you looking for deeper insights? Check our daily 📲 Test Reports
Using Android 5.0+ lock screen notifications? Tired of having to press the power button to see them? Then this app is for you!
FINGERPRINT SENSORS AND SMARTLOCKS
This app uses the Device Administrator permission.
For some optional features Glimpse Notifications can turn off the screen. This happens with a delay imposed by Android and smartlocks such as fingerprint sensors keep working. Optionally the app can be registered as a device administrator. The screen is then locked immediately and completely.
- Keeps using the default lockscreen
- Control how long the lockscreen is shown
- Double-tap to lock
- Choose which apps whose notifications should turn on the screen
- Multiple Quiet Times to prevent the screen from turning on at a bad time
- Supports Lollipop Priority Interruptions and Marshmallow Do Not Disturb (DND) modes
- Extensive pocket mode to prevent the screen from turning on in your pocket
- Double-tap to lock on the lockscreen
- Recurring notifications
- Motion detection notices when you picket up the phone to check a new notification
- Using modern Android APIs this app is as compliant and energy efficient as possible
- No ads
- This is a private pet project - so it's free! No data is being collected!
Caschys Blog (German): http://stadt-bremerhaven.de/app-tipp-glimpse-notifications/
XDA Development Thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/apps-games/app-glimpse-notifications-t3090575
Nullgrad Apps on Google+: https://plus.google.com/u/0/+NullgradApps/posts
- BIND_NOTIFICATION_LISTENER_SERVICE: Core permission to have the app being informed about new notifications. This is required.
- WAKE_LOCK: required to turn on the screen
- READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: to determine the duration of custom notification sounds.
- SYSTEM_ALERT_WINDOW: to implement double-tap to lock and to notice user interactions when a customized lockscreen display time is chosen.
- BIND_DEVICE_ADMIN: for custom lock screen durations or double tap to lock, you can chose to register it as a Device Administrator to fully and immediately lock the screen.
- VIBRATE: recurring notifications can be indicated using a vibration pattern
PERSISTENT NOTIFICATION ON SAMSUNG DEVICES
Please read the FAQ post to understand why this is necessary: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1REF7GWDfjR8ll0ztzYLdKAHd7L3cv47MJJHGNtwbYjM/#heading=h.4qeprx59ntit
Tester's FAQ: Login with your Google Account (Optional) to the TestingCatalog Service to earn extra points and boost your Beta Tester profile to top. Download the app from Google Play via OPT-IN link and start testing!
Like favorite_border Beta Page on TestingCatalog to follow latest Updates and Changelogs.
Report bug_report any found bugs with your feedback to the TestingCatalog to share your findings with the Community of beta testers.
Recommended Blog Posts
- Top Apps for Beta Testing Best Android Apps for Beta Testing in 2018 Best Android Apps for Beta Testing in 2018. TestingCatalog research across mothe then 600 beta applications and 200 communities.
- All Google apps in Beta Complete beta testing tutorial for Google Apps Complete beta testing tutorial for Google Apps. Google Play, Google Search, Google Maps, Gboard, Youtube GO, Chrome and many more.
- How to join Telegram Beta Secret trick for Telegram users and beta testers Secret trick for Telegram users and beta testers. Do you want to become Telegram messanger beta tester?