Samsung Internet Browser Beta
#samsung #browser #internet #galaxy #samsunggalaxyBeta Update from 09 Mar 2018
o Addition of Protected Browsing
o Improvement of URL bar layout
o Bug fixing and stabilization
Try out Samsung Internet's latest features one step ahead!
Introducing Samsung Internet Beta, giving you early access to the newest features of the secure, private and optimized mobile web browser.
Now supports Android 5.0 and above.
Security & Privacy Samsung Internet helps you protect your security and privacy while browsing the Internet.
- Content Blockers
Samsung Internet for Android allows 3rd party apps to provide filters for Content Blocking. You can browse the web without unnecessary content cluttering your screens. With a Content Blocker enabled, take a look in the menu to see how many contents have been blocked, with the new Content Blocker Status UI.
- Tab Swipe
Swipe left or right in the URL bar or bottom toolbar, to navigate to your previous/next tab.
- Quick Menu
A new Quick Menu can be enabled in the Extensions, providing fast access to useful features.
- High Contrast Mode
A new High Contrast Mode can be enabled in the Accessibility settings, for those who require increased contrast to view webpages more comfortably like visually impared.
More Comfortable Samsung Internet supports features that make your everyday browsing more comfortable.
- Web Payments
Shopping on the web will get more secure and easier than ever with support for the new Web Payments API, letting you check out and pay securely with only a few taps.
- CloseBy (Physical Web)
When you approach a Physical Web beacon, the CloseBy service will make a notification showing the title and description of the website. Letting you easily access useful information close by.
- Progressive Web Apps indication badge
Progressive Web Apps are applications which can be installed like apps or used in the browser. When the page you are viewing supports this feature, an indication badge will appear in the URL bar.
- Amazon Shopping Assistant
Amazon Shopping Assistant can be turned on to enable you to get the best deals when shopping on the web by comparing products with Amazon.
- Video Assistant
Video Assistant lets you switch between various viewing modes while watching videos. Pop-up player lets you browse the web while watching videos.
- 360 Video
You can also view immersive videos right in the browser without needing to wear a GearVR headset. You can swipe to pan 360 videos to look around.
Better integrated with Samsung devices Samsung Internet aims to provide a consistent and continuous user experience among various Samsung devices.
Virtual Reality is available for the web! Place the phone into a Gear VR or Daydream headset when you are viewing a web page and it will open in immersive Virtual Reality.
Samsung Internet is now optimized for desktop browsing with the DeX dock.
- High Contrast Mode
- Web engine is upgraded to Chromium 56
- New experimental features enabled via flags, including Web Bluetooth, WebGL 2 and Gamepad Extensions
The following permissions are required for the app service. For optional permissions, the default functionality of the service is turned on, but not allowed.
- Location: Used to provide location-based content requested by the user or location information requested by the webpage in use
- Camera: Used to provide webpage shooting function and QR code shooting function
- Microphone: Used to provide recording function on webpage
- Contacts: Used to store phone numbers from webpages
- SMS: Used to provide automatic SMS authentication function for Wi-Fi sign-in
- Storage: Used to store files when downloading from webpages
If your system software version is lower than Android 6.0, please update the software to configure App permissions. Previously allowed permissions can be reset on Apps menu in device settings after software update.
Tester's FAQ: Login with your Google Account (Optional) to the TestingCatalog Service to earn extra points and boost your Beta Tester profile to top. Press OPT-IN button to subscribe to the Alpha / Beta release channel in Google Play. Download the app from Google Play via OPT-IN link and start testing!
Like favorite_border Beta Page on TestingCatalog to follow latest Updates and Changelogs.
Report bug_report any found bugs with your feedback to the TestingCatalog to share your findings with the Community of beta testers.
Recommended Blog Posts
- Top Apps for Beta Testing Best Android Apps for Beta Testing in 2018 Best Android Apps for Beta Testing in 2018. TestingCatalog research across mothe then 600 beta applications and 200 communities.
- All Google apps in Beta Complete beta testing tutorial for Google Apps Complete beta testing tutorial for Google Apps. Google Play, Google Search, Google Maps, Gboard, Youtube GO, Chrome and many more.
- How to join Telegram Beta Secret trick for Telegram users and beta testers Secret trick for Telegram users and beta testers. Do you want to become Telegram messanger beta tester?