NOAA Weather Unofficial (Beta)
#weather #forecast #weatherforecast #androidweather #betatestingBeta Update from 09 May 2018
By Google Play
Added option to configure number of history days in hourly chart.
Other minor fixes and updates.
* NOAA API change.
* Added detection of old forecast discussion to revert to backup resource.
* Fixed a few low memory related crashes.
Updates for Android 8.1 compatibility.
Update for those using NOAA as the provider for the Google Maps radar. This will change again, so I recommend switching to the version from "Mesonet" in the tab options.
Are you looking for deeper insights? Check our daily 📲 Test Reports
This app provides forecasts, animated radar, hourly forecast, and current conditions, all in an intuitive and easy to use interface. Just the information you need, provided accurately, quickly, and for your exact location.
★ "A no-nonsense approach to show weather data on your phone, but done well and great looking" - Android Central
This app uses NOAA point forecasts from your GPS location to get the most localized weather available. Point forecasts are great for climbing, hiking, skiing, or any outdoor activity where weather from a nearby city isn't accurate enough.
GPS on the phone will provide the most accurate location, but usually isn't needed. Nearby cell towers and Wi-Fi networks can also provide this information, and will be checked first to save time and battery. You can also enter a location manually.
To provided highly localized forecasting, this app uses point forecasts from the National Weather Service (NOAA/NWS), and is therefore only available in the US.
If there is severe weather you will see a red warning icon in the corner of the current conditions icon. You can press this icon for more details. This app currently does NOT support severe weather alerts or notifications. NOAA is providing this service directly through cell carriers. You can read more about the service at http://www.nws.noaa.gov/com/weatherreadynation/wea.html.
There are also several differently sized widgets available which can be placed on your homescreen to provide some basic weather information, without the need to open the app.
Forecast discussion is available through the menu button.
Permission: Location This app requires your location to provide you with the most accurate weather. This is fundamental to how the app works. You can still add manual locations as well if you prefer.
Permission: Photos/Media/Files This permission is required by Google Maps so that it can cache map tiles for faster loading. It sounds like the app is doing something with your photos or media, but it is not. The permission means that the app has permission to access your files (which includes photos and media), but does not mean they are actually being accessed. It is a subtle but important distinction. Contact me if you have further questions about this.
These are the non-simplified permissions as listed in the Android manifest:
- android.permission.ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION" (location access listed above)
- android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE" (check for network connection)
- android.permission.INTERNET" (download weather)
- android.permission.VIBRATE" (for zoom feedback on old radar)
- android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE" (this is Photos/Media/Files listed above)
- com.google.android.providers.gsf.permission.READ_GSERVICES" (required by google maps)
FAQ (Frequently asked questions): http://www.paulnadler.com/nstudio/faq.html
Please contact me at [email protected] if you have any further questions or problems.
This is the ad supported free version of NOAA Weather. You are also limited to 3 saved locations. Upgrade to remove ads and this restriction.
NOAA Weather on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/NOAA-Weather/416785575001525
Beta Channel (for newest features) https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/111259910356071652569
Tester's FAQ: Login with your Google Account (Optional) to the TestingCatalog Service to earn extra points and boost your Beta Tester profile to top. Download the app from Google Play via OPT-IN link and start testing!
Like favorite_border Beta Page on TestingCatalog to follow latest Updates and Changelogs.
Report bug_report any found bugs with your feedback to the TestingCatalog to share your findings with the Community of beta testers.
Recommended Blog Posts
- Top Apps for Beta Testing Best Android Apps for Beta Testing in 2018 Best Android Apps for Beta Testing in 2018. TestingCatalog research across mothe then 600 beta applications and 200 communities.
- All Google apps in Beta Complete beta testing tutorial for Google Apps Complete beta testing tutorial for Google Apps. Google Play, Google Search, Google Maps, Gboard, Youtube GO, Chrome and many more.
- How to join Telegram Beta Secret trick for Telegram users and beta testers Secret trick for Telegram users and beta testers. Do you want to become Telegram messanger beta tester?